Chapter 9

As the time progressed Kyoshi not so slowly became obsessed over learning all the details about chakras. She had been gathering more books from around town after the meetings. Rangi found it cute how much she became focused on it.

Though the books were starting to pile up all over the house. "You can't possibly have really read all these books" Rangi said, picking up a book off the top of a pile. "You'd be surprised"

"When do you even have the time?" She asked, setting the book back down after flipping through it briefly. "I have my ways," Kyoshi replied, picking up the same book Rangi had. "This one was quite interesting"

"How so?"

"It talked about the different ways air nomads had cleared blocked chakras in the past, like how they evolved overtime. What worked versus what didn't" Kyoshi explained.

Rangi shrugged, "If reading keeps you calm, then that's great"

"What you mean keeps me calm, I'm always calm" Kyoshi defended. Rangi couldn't help but burst out laughing. "What's so funny"

"How incredibly wrong you are, you're always stressing out about one thing or the other"

"Am not, I can relax" Kyoshi huffed. "If you say so..." Rangi's sentence trailed off as she quickly grabbed a fan from Kyoshi's sash, taking off down the hallway.

"Rangi!" Kyosh called, taking off after her. The two sprinted down the corridors. Just as Kyoshi was about to catch up with her she slipped into a room shutting the huge door behind her. "Rangi, open up." Kyoshi yelled, pounding on the door.

She could hear her laughter through the other side. "Rangi" She shouted once more, but as she went to pound on the door once more she regretted putting so much force behind it. Rangi had opened it at the right so that Kyoshi stumbled awkwardly through the doorway.

"Calm huh?" Rangi snickered, handing her back the fan. "You little-" She paused to look around the room, it was filled with fabric and manikins. "Rangi what's going on here?" Kyoshi asked, wandering deeper into the room.

"I'm so honored to be selected to help create the Avatars outfit for the Fire Lord's party tomorrow evening"

Kyoshi turned to face Rangi who was seemingly laughing to herself. "Traitor" She mouthed.

"I really think you'll like this newer fabric, I just got it from Gaoling" the seamstress smiled while holding up a roll of emerald fabric. Kyoshi gave her a sincere smile. "It's gorgeous"

The remainder of the morning Kyohsi spent in the room as the lady altered a robe, and dress for the event. Even though she thought this to be a waste of time, she tried to make good conversation with the sweet lady.

As Kyoshi paid the lady for her service she found Rangi leaning up against the door frame as she went to leave. "That wasn't so hard now was it?" She asked, as they made their way down the hallway.

"You didn't have to trick me, you know. I would have just gone if you had said there was an appointment already in place"

"No you wouldn't have, you would have paid the lady then gone off somewhere else, without even having anything done." Rangi argued.

The two ended up walking into a small training room. "There's something I've been meaning to show you, and if you even dare laugh then you're going right out that window" Rangi said, her tone stiffening.

Kyoshi took a couple steps back. She watched as Rangi closed her eyes, as she opened them she produced spectacular steady flames, bent under her full control. Her eyes widened, something was back on track, things were getting back on track.