Chapter 23

Another split pov chapter, hope you enjoy!

The following day Naruklok returned to the room where Kyoshi waited, she simply gave him the same response as the day before.

"About the portal" He said walking close enough to Kyoshi so that he was just out of her reach. "My answer hasn't changed, it's no dumbass" She shot.

Naruklok only sighed. "I don't' know why you're being so difficult"

"I'm only trying to do my job. Which you are interfering with by the way."

He sighed again as he sat down on the floor across from the avatar. "What's it gonna take? Money?"

Kyoshi couldn't believe what she was hearing, was the man really trying to pay her off to open a damn portal. He's helpless, and out of moves. Kyoshi thought.

"No amount of money could make me aid you, but thank you"

"How about a house, a mansion even. Anywhere you'd like"

"You suck at bargaining"

He frowned.

"Everyone loves a big house, and I'd figure the avatar would want the best."

"Sadly I already have my own mansion of sorts, I inherited it from the old earth bending master who tried to kill me" She said bluntly.

"And if I torture you?" He seemed to think this was gonna work. Surely no one wanted to suffer.

But Kyoshi only shrugged. "Unless you're a lightning bender. I'm hardly afraid of you"

"JUST OPEN THE DAMN PORTAL" He yelled, throwing a nearby rock at Kyoshi's face, scratching her under her left eye.

"Well I can't do it anything like this idiot"

She watched as his eyes lit up. "You'll do it?"

"No" Kyoshi had to refrain from laughing. "You're an impossible woman"

Kyoshi honestly took pride in hearing that statement, if she couldn't go anywhere for the moment. She might as well mess with his psyche.

"I told you I'm not after money, and I'm not even that scared of death. I already have everything I'll ever need. You're just wasting your breath here" She said plainly.

He scoffed as he threw another rock, this time missing. "You will comply eventually, sooner or later you'll be too tired to fight." Naruklok said as he stood once more.

"I will find a way to make you create the portal I require." he said before slamming the door. Kyoshi sighed as he left. As amusing as messing wiht him was, she really does need to get out of here soon.

Naruklok stormed down the hall, and into a meetin room of sorts. "Still no luck" A man asked.

"The woman's so stubborn, nothing seems get her." He explained.

"You could torture it out of her" Someone offered.

Naruklok wasn't impressed by this idea. "Nothing like that will work, she's been struck by lightning and lived. She's not even afraid of death, so torture would be pointless." He explained.

"For starters I belive she was struck by lightning closer to 10 times give or take" Wren called out.

"And how would you know that?" Naruklok yelled, annoyed at the correction.

"From the person who knows more about the Avatar than anyone else" Wren explained.

"I assume you mean her bodyguard" He called.