Chapter 16

Back to Rangi pov, aka the hot pocket, and let me tell you something she is definitely boiling hot, or gonna be soon. Shout out to @SavannahNachtranb your comments made me laugh so hard

Somehow the meeting going over security breaching felt like the most tiring part of her day. Though in all honesty she wasn't sure how present she was for the duration of it. But as soon as the meeting was declared over she was the first one out the door.

How could her head be so busy with so much right now. All she had focus on was the meeting point in a week. Until then there was nothing she could do. There is nothing I can do. Rangi repeated to herself.

As she made her way back the house she stepped into a meditation room, and began to set up the candles. Meditation should be good, could do her some good, that's what it's used for. To clear your thoughts. But it felt like her time in that room truely accomplished the oppposite. More possibilities wirled around in her brain.

She had no control.

"Your quite quiet tonight" Hei Ran commented.

"I just have a lot on my mind, that's all" Rangi replied, poking at her food slightly before picking it up. The evening was quiet. There were no big dinners since the incident at the party, so Rangi was left to have dinner with her mother.

"She really has done a number on you" Her mother commented contently beganining to eat her own meal. "And why do you say that?" Rangi snapped. Hei Ran shot her a disapproving look, as she straightened up. "Sorry"

"The thing is I remember when you told me that you were certain that you would be perfectly content never making a single friend, that they were only liabilities, I believe is how you phrased it" Her mom laughed lightly at the memory. "It wasn't exactly a pleasant school experience" Rangi commented quietly.

"But still you always wanted to be left alone, until she came around"

"Why do you bring this up?" Rangi asked looking up from her plate.

"Well because even before you and Kyoshi were together you have always spent a great deal of time together. And even when you were apart you would write."

"Yeah, but it's only a week. I can do a week"

"I know you are strong enough, I just have a feeling you're still struggling with it, she left quite quickly. Normally when she flees this quickly you are right by her side " Hei ran replied softly. If only Rangi was able to reciprocate the same tone.

"What do you want me to say here exactly? That I hate feeling powerless when it comes to Kyoshi, that every time she pulls herself into danger my first and only instinct is to find a way to pull her out. That I am absolutely in the complete darkness here and I can't shake the thought that something terrible is happening right now and I am doing nothing to stop it. That if I probably had any more two senses then I should have gone after the second I knew that she was gone. But I still respect her wishes, becasue for once she does have a fucking plan. But that still doesn't make me hate the plan any less and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it without putting her or her stupid plan in jeopardy." Rangi huffed slamming her hands on the table as she stood up.

"For Rava's sake she has made me weak" She commented to herself. "I'm going for a walk" Rangi proclaimed as he left the room to find some open air.

The air smelled of rain, as she made her way across the porch. Why was this so difficult for her? She knew Kyoshi could take care of herself- well enough that was, she was strong enough, she had been getting stronger everyday in fact. It was one of the things Rangi had admired about her, she was always looking to grow, and to improve. Training wise that was.