𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓: a very short chapter

Guards flooded into the room, aiming the cannonball-medlers at all of them.

Four of them grabbed Sophie's arms and legs and hustled her out of the room. Then, the guards slowly filed out, still eyeing them suspiciously.

"W-what just happened?" Moexii asked, her voice shaking. "That was Sophie?! The girl you like?!"

It happened so quickly, Keefe didn't have time to process it. Suddenly, the room erupted into chaos. Fitz was yelling, Biana and Linh were squealing, and Dex and Tam had varying degrees of amusement on their faces.

Finally, Keefe yelled, "SHUT UP!"

Everyone was quiet. Then, Fitz said, voice shaking, "You like Sophie?"

"You didn't know?" Biana interrupted. "Congratulations, you're officially the last. Well, maybe before Sophie herself, but everyone knew."

Fitz glared at Biana and tossed a dirty look in Keefe's direction. Then he stormed over to his bunk, clapped once, and a long metal sheet covered the entire bunk.

"You all knew?" Keefe whispered, his face neon red.

They all nodded. Even Tam.

"Slow down. Back it up." Moexii made a time-out sign with her hands. "Why do you like that psychopath?"

"She's not a psychopath." Keefe choked out, barely able to keep from crying.

"It's a long story." Tam said. 

"I'm patient." Moexii snapped, sitting down. "I deserve to know if it's that psycho - I mean, that girl's fault I'm here."

"It's not!" Biana snarled, giving Moexii a glare that rivaled Lunar's. 

"Riiiight." Moexii said, biting her lip. "Just tell me."

They all exchanged a look, to Moexii's extreme annoyance. Then Dex cleared his throat and began talking.