3

Officer Yukimura sighed into his hands, he was frustrated, to say the least. it had been four weeks since he found that girl, hurt and abandoned. That girl had been she was put into a medically induced coma, in order to save the girl's brain she had been operated on immediately.

Yes, he was frustrated that a girl her age had to go through something like that but the problem still stood 'who was she?' 'Did she have a family?' Question after question ran through his head. There were hundreds of missing cases in Japan. Many cases had gone cold long ago like the case of Shirabu, Yahaba, Osamu, Atsumu Miya, and many more. Although there were times when these kids had been found, like Tooru and Kasumi, where the kids were found. Injured and traumatized but found.

Slamming his fist on the table, rocking the contents on it. He picked up the next file, took a breath opened it, and took a look at the photo. It was of a boy, it certainly wasn't her,

------------------------------

The hospital smelt like it always did, of medicine and disinfectant.

The girl was asleep. She had various tubes and wires connected to her, feeding her with nourishment and sedatives. Her face was black and blue, she had stitches on her head and, an eyebrow. The edges of her mouth were scabbed and raw. Her neck had scratches on it, something he didn't notice when they first met. Glowing against the dark finger-shaped bruises. Her head was bandaged carefully. She was so small, smaller than when Kazumi had been found. She was malnourished.

"How has she been doing?" He asked, sitting down in a chair.

"She was put in a medically induced coma, although she should be able to wake up in a couple more weeks." a nurse answered. "They have her under really heavy sedatives right now. because she's in a lot of pain, but they also don't want her moving so much because a lot of her bones and pelvis are fractured."

"Will she recover?"

The nurse looked down. "I really don't know. She's far from out of the woods. Putting aside her physical condition, her mental condition is a whole other story, she'll most likely have a severe case of PTSD and other mental conditions...she's been through so much...she's going to constantly be fearful...", she replied.

The two look back at the unconscious black-haired girl, Yukimura had no idea who this girl was, he might have to bring in one of the kids rescued. After all, there were many cold cases that had been opened back up due to rescued children.

He remembered two kids who had been found mentioned the names: Shirabu, Yahaba, Osamu, and Atsumu Miya, and...... Wait a minute."

He took out his notebook and flipped page to page, sketch after sketch of a child after child, until he landed on one sketch. A picture of a girl with dark hair and the golden eye's, when Akaashi had given her statement and description, he was told this was from four years ago. But honestly, they looked similar, he'd bring Akaashi and Tooru in to confirm. But he was sure this was her.

At the bottom, the name read: Kenma; age 11.