5

Weeks had gone by and Kenma still hadn't woken up, Kazane was getting worried. the doctors had told her she'd wake up soon but she was tired of waiting, she was worried Kenma would never wake up. she spent the time shut up in her room, petting Aiko, reading books, and watching movies. She had recently learned to read and write, and reading was a good coping mechanism to pass the time. it helped keep her mind away from the trauma, she even found she liked it a lot. 

she was in the middle of a book when a knock came.

"Kazane?" 

"T-Tooru"

she gently opened the door, seeing kazane in such a state worried her, holding up one of Aiko's dog toys. She gestured towards the door. 

"come on let's have some fun!"

----------------------------------

Kazane threw the ball into the field as Aiko ran to get it. it was a nice September day. Tooru had taken her to the park to help her calm down. it had been a bad day for the girl, she was on edge, and constantly flinching. constant nightmares, and little sleep. So to cheer her up Tooru dragged her out of the house to have some fun. She had even brought her volleyball, Aiko ran around chasing after a ball Kazane had thrown. Tooru watching with softened eyes. 

she knew Kazane had really bad PTSD and Anxiety, she had trouble getting out of the house on many occasions. shit, she was even attending virtual therapy until she was encouraged to go physically. She was suffering from a major setback. hopefully, this helps.

After a while of throwing the ball around they decided to take a break, sitting on a park bench and enjoying the afternoon. 

-------------------------------------

The two found themselves heading back home when Kazane's phone suddenly vibrated. fishing it out of her pocket, she checked the icon to see Officer Yukimura's name. pressing the answer button she answered.

"H-he-"

"Kazane, she's awake."

Kazane felt herself freeze, not believing the words at first. with tears streaming down her eye she looked at Tooru who nodded.

"We have to go if we want to catch the train."