Beach Day

Marinette's POV:

"How can I help you, ladies?" The bartender said, turning around.

"We'll have one margarita, one mai tai, one piña colada, and a coconut water, please." Alya replied instantly. 

"Coming right up!" He answered as he finished writing down our order. He then swiftly turned backed to the drinks and began to make them. 

"You guys liking it here?" a voice said. I whipped my head to see a stranger sitting a seat or two away from us. He was a handsome man that looked like he was in his early twenties. I looked at him, confused. Maybe he wasn't even talking to me. 

"Oh, love it!" Alya replied. She was always eager to strike up any conversation.

"That's great." He responded, with a small, polite smile etched across his face. He then seemed to shift his body and energy towards me. "Hey, my name's Josh."

"I, uh, I'm Marinette." I was absolutely horrible at talking to new people, so this was the last thing I needed.

"Marinette. That's a beautiful name." He softly touched my chin, and turned my face to his with his hand. "For a beautiful girl."

Wow, he was not shy. I turned my head away, trying to subtly remove my chin from his grasp. It seemed to work. 

"Uh, thank you." I laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of my neck. I could only assume I had a furious blush  plastered across my face. This whole thing felt very uncomfortable. 

"And... here's that coconut water." The bartender cut in, handing Alya the last of our drinks. Thank god.

"That's my cue!" I said to Josh, hoping that this would be our first and last interaction. 

"See you around, Marinette." I really wished he wouldn't say my name like that. Like it was his. Because it wasn't. That was reserved solely for Adrien. 

"We'll be our way. It was nice to meet you, Josh." Alya rescued me from Josh, pulling me away from him and back to our seats. He waved us, or more accurately me, goodbye. 

Adrien's POV: 

Who did that guy think he was? Putting his hands all over Marinette. He better not try some stunt like that again. 

"Whoa. That guy was totally hitting on Mari, dude." Nino said, shaking me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, he should watch where his hands roam or he'll regret it." Nino looked at me like I was a little crazy. Was it so wrong of me to be protective over one my closest friends.

Watching that guy talking to Marinette made me feel some strange burning feeling my chest. What could she had been laughing at? It couldn't have been that funny. 

"Jealous, are we, Agreste?" Alya chipped in. Nino had burst out laughing by that time. He must've seen them coming, thanks for the head's up. Embarrassed wasn't even enough to describe how I was feeling. 

"Just looking out for my friends." I said to Alya. "Let me know if that guy was bothering you, Mari." I wanted to make sure that she knew I was looking at for her. I always would. That's what friends were for. 

"It's okay, Adrien. It was nothing." Marinette assured me. I trust her, she's a grown woman. That's doesn't mean I won't be making sure she was okay, of course. Marinette's very important to me, and there was no way I was going to let her get hurt on my watch. 

Marinette's POV:

I giggled inwardly to myself. I couldn't help the way that my face heated up a bit thinking about how Adrien actually cared that another guy was hitting on me. I can't believe he noticed. But it was just because he was concerned for me, so it didn't mean anything to him. 

Alya snapped me out of my daydream, and offered for us to go down to the beach and take a dip in the ocean. She grabbed Nino, and they ran together into the water, leaving me and Adrien behind.

Adrien looked back at me, smiling. I couldn't tell you what ran through that boy's head, it was an utter mystery to me.

"Should we?" He offered, shrugging. I guess this was a vacation, and I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to hang out with Adrien. 

 "Fine...." I answered reluctantly, jokingly as if I was actually annoyed. But I wasn't. I could never be annoyed at him and his beautiful face. 

He grabbed my hand and began running, and I struggled trying to keep up with him. By the time we reached the ocean, he was dragging me in the water. 

"A-Adrien! I'm soaked!" I screeched. So much for trying to stay out of the ocean.

"Loosen up, Mari! We're in Hawaii!" He had a point. I was in the warm water on a gorgeous island with the boy of my dreams. I was determined to enjoy this. 

Suddenly, I felt a heaving amount of water smack me in the face, knocked me down into an oncoming wave. I wiped my eyes, which were now stinging with salt water, and spat out any water that had gone into my mouth. 

"What the..." I cleared my vision to look up at Adrien, who was laughing in my face. I struggled around for a few more seconds and he started to appear somewhat concerned at that point. I was still sputtering out some water trying to clear my throat. So that's how he wanted to play. Game on.

"Adrien, help!" I pleaded. I held my eyes to my hands, pretending I couldn't see. He came closer to me to see what was wrong. I had him right where I wanted him. 

I quickly grabbed a large handful of saltwater and threw it onto his face. He jumped back in shock and rubbed his eyes. He began to laugh. This was war.

Adrien's POV:

"Oh, it's on Mari!" I shouted back, still recovering. 

We then entered a splashing fit, one after the other, trying to strike the other when they appeared the most vulnerable. I couldn't help but notice how her eyes sparkled in the sun, on top of the fact that they were bluer than the ocean we were in, and that was saying something. Don't get me started on her bikini, which perfectly displayed her assets. Or rather it was her assets that were perfect. And her hair, it was so sexy how it fell on her shoulders, dripping wet. She needed to take it out of those pigtails more often. 

I didn't even realize she had that in her, and it turned me on. Who knew Marinette was such an energetic, fun person? I really needed to know more about my friends. What else had I been missing?

"Hey guys, we're gonna head back to the room. You guys should come soon, dinner is in an hour." Alya yelled to us, holding hands with Nino as they exited the water.

"After you." I said to Marinette. And I trailed closely behind her out of the ocean. I would have to talk her later tonight. Not as Adrien though. As Chat Noir. She never seemed to have trouble opening up to him. It was settled. He was going to pay to his princess a visit.