Ch. 11: Four Letter Word

Thanksgiving is today and my household is going to be heading to Hayden's. Papa and Hayden's mother get alone quite well. Papa used to say it's strange how she is Hayden's mother; when Hayden acted completely 180 to how she is. Hayden's mother told papa she never raised her son to be how he used to be. It's a miracle that he's changed his life around. How he backpedaled down one path to head down a different path. Hayden told both of them it's because a miracle walked into his life. That miracle showed him a different side of life and opened his eyes. He truly has changed for the better and I can't help but smile when I see all the progress he makes every day. He's my Angel and he doesn't even realize it. With my health, I used to be cooped up and never truly feeling alive. I was just breathing for another day. Struggling to live. He's managed to make me feel alive inside and out. He's mentally made me feel stronger. He's physically keeping me alive longer. He's my blessing in disguise in the form of an once bad boy. With him, I found the my missing piece that would make me whole. Because of him, I'm complete again. Something I never would have expected.

I have a few hours left to get ready. Hayden's house is on a huge piece of land by a pond. It's on the other side of town which is a twenty minute drive. He owns a few horses. I'm honestly excited to see them. I haven't ridden a horse since I was a little girl. Horses are such loving and gentle giant creatures. I place the novel I'm reading down on my desk. I start to search through my clothes for the perfect outfit. Dad will be all proper in a suit like always. The preacher is never seen in comfortable clothing outside our house. Hayden told me to bring some change of clothes because he'll be taking me on his midnight black stallion named Knight. I grab some jeans, a long sleeve black shirt, my keds, and a thick winter coat. I place them in my duffle bag. Now it's time to pick out the perfect outfit. I pull out my long sleeve high low tan dress. It starts right at my knees in the front and gets longer in the back. I grab my calf high heeled boots that are the same color as my dress. I pull my hair in a half up half down bun and quickly change into my outfit. When I come downstairs with my duffle bag over my shoulders; I come face to face with my papa. Like I said before, he's standing in his suit. He's in his dark gray suit with a white dress shirt underneath. His tie matches his suit. He has black dress shoes covering his feet. His hair is neatly combed.

"Ready princess?" Papa asks.

"Of course." I respond with a smile.

"You look beautiful." Papa says with a smile.

"Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself papa." I reply back.

We head towards the truck. Dad loads the food we're bringing in the back seat as I toss my duffle bag in the seat behind me. Papa pulls out of our driveway and down the road.

Our destination: Hayden's house.

After the somewhat long drive we pull up on a long, I mean very long, driveway. It's at least a mile long.

Who needs a driveway this long?

Not I!

They have to drive their cars down to check the mail. There's no way they walk this everyday. My lungs would kill me if I did that. We pull up in front of an old Victorian Style Farmhouse. From the looks of it, it's a three story one. It's white with black shudders. The porch wrap's completely around it. The windows, oh my goodness, these windows would make the perfect spot to read a book on a winter or fall day. I bet she has birds landing on the windows here during the spring time. It has several bay windows.

Please let one of these bay windows in a library.

Just one.
It has two fireplaces; I can only tell from the outside because there's two chimneys. We get out of the truck after we have gotten over our complete shock. Papa knocks on the door and Hayden answers it.