Ch. 17: A Miracle That Came True

Graduation came and it went by like a flash of lightning. Like a storm, it came through in a hurry and disappeared like it never came at all. We got married right after graduation. Fast forward to the present; we're currently having our first child together. It's the third miracle that's came true. The first miracle was Hayden graduating. The second miracle is Hayden getting accepted into college and has been going to classes. He's top of his class at the moment. And this, this is the third miracle. We're having a little boy. I am hoping and praying he'll come out healthy and stay healthy. We haven't decided a name for the little one. This pregnancy has been rough on me. But, I don't let it effect me like you would think. I'm going to deliver this baby no matter what.

Besides being pregnant, I have opened up an art studio. Mostly for children and children with disabilities. I never went to college because I never know when it'll be my last day. Instead I decided on an art studio. The children are thriving here. There's some teenagers and adults that come to the studio; but mostly like I said, children.

"Miss Katie! I painted an apple!" Four year old Kai says.

"It looks wonderful sweetheart." I reply.

In front of my face is a painting of an apple. The said apple is an oval shape with a tiny twig in the center. The said tiny twig has a humongous tree on top of it.

So no it doesn't look like the said apple but you can't tell a child that. You just have to smile and believe whatever they said they painted is exactly what their imagination created. So to him his work of art is a dang gum apple.

In thirty minutes another instructor, my assistant, will be coming in to fill in for a bit. I have my weekly appointment to check and make sure this little one is still growing at the correct pace, to make sure he's not in distress, and to make sure I'm not about to deliver. Hopefully the last one isn't the case because I still have a month to go. He's due July 4th. It's only June 8th, so it's a little early for him to make his appearance. Even though I want to see him already; it's just too early for that to happen. I need him to come out healthy.

"Hayden's here Katie." Mia my assistant informs me.

"Thank you." I respond with a soft smile.

I slowly begin to stand up on my feet again. By the time I have waddled to the center of the room; Hayden has already placed his arm around my back. He's been to every appointment, he's seen every ultrasound, he's been to every testing. To sum it up, he's been to literally everything that has to do with my health and our son's health. He heard his heartbeat for the first time and I thought he was going to faint right than and there. So, of course he would go to this one as well. Every appointment day he shows up an hour before the appointment. He walks in and normally meets me at my desk where I'm always sitting. He always helps me across the room and into the car. He will do the same when it comes time to get out of the car. He will do the same when I have to walk through the doors. He always parks under the covered pull up and walks me in. Half the time he's already checking me in at the desk before I can open my mouth.

He's definitely my miracle and I'm glad I have him for however long it is. He's truly my saving grace. He was what got me through senior year. He's what has gotten me through life. He and our son is what's getting me through it all right now. Without him I would have probably died along time ago.

We finally have made it to the appointment. My doctor has shown her face and is about to examine me.

"Mrs. Huxley and Mr. Huxley." She greets.

"Dr. Waters." We both greet back.

"It's time for your examine. Let's see how this little guy is doing, shall we?" She says with a smile on her face.

"Yes!" I answer with pure excitement.

The joy of seeing our baby on the screen.

"We need to get you admitted to the hospital. The baby is trying to come." She says in a slight panic.

The baby is coming?

It's too soon.

I hear a thud and glance to my right.

Hayden has fainted right after she mentioned baby is coming.

Just breathe Katie.

It'll be okay.