Ch. 14: Minor Set Back

Winter formal has came and she has went just as quickly. It's been a few weeks since then and everything is slowly looking up. I don't get the crazy stares anymore and people quit their whispers when they see me. Thank the lord because I don't think I could have handled anymore of it if I'm being completely honest. We've started our last semester of senior year. Hayden and I have all our classes together. Which is surprising. Usually it's just a class or two not all four. Our first class is Advanced Chemistry 2. My brain will not function this early for science class that's for sure. I'm hoping with Hayden being my chemistry partner, his brain is functioning properly. By the look on his face... We are both screwed.

"What is an acid base Equilibria?" Our teacher asks.

No one raises their hands. I duck my head behind the students in front of me and try my best to blend in. Like I said, my brain isn't ready for chemistry 2 today.

"Fine. What chemical compounds is an acid base?"

I'm guessing none of are brains are working. Because not a soul raises their hands; not the ones who always blurt out answers speak.

"Fine! What is the element Li mean?" She says with an exasperated breath of air.

"Lithium." Someone finally blurts out.

"What chemical block is it?" She asks.

She's seriously pushing her luck because I doubt any of us will voluntarily answer any more of her questions today.

"Hayden?" She calls on.

"Alkali metal." He grumbles out.

"Great. Now since I have your attention on the periodic tables. I guess we'll continue with basics." She says with a smirk.

Knowing we all will protest to it all. As soon as the first person lets out a groan; she holds her hand up and stops everyone.

"Don't even. You wouldn't start with the basics on Chemistry 2 so we're going back to fundamentals of Chemistry." She says sternly.

"How who knows what the element Sr is?" She asks.

"Strontium which is a Alkaline Earth Metal before you ask." Someone else answers with a bluntness to their voice.

Before she could make a snarky remark, the rings and dismisses us all from class. Hayden and I both quickly exit the room before the teacher begins to yell out homework. The bell rang so class is over in my opinion if you wanted to hand out homework; she should have done it before the bell rang.

Hayden grabs my hand and starts to pull us to our Sociology class. We make our way into the classroom and sit towards the back. The only desk next to the window. Our teacher walks in the classroom with a smile on her face.

"Alright class. Who was one of the founders of the study of sociology?" She asks in a cheerful voice.

"Can today get over with already. My brain isn't working today. It's still on vacation." I whisper.

This causes Hayden to chuckle. This also get the teacher's full on attention.

"Hayden?" She calls out.

"Theorist Auguste Comte." He answers with confidence.

"Very well. Now pay attention." She says sternly.

"What are sociology's four theoretical perspectives?" She asks.

No one again answers.

"Katie?" She calls out.

"Shoot." I whisper.

"Structural-Functional, Social Conflict, Feminism, and symbolic interactionism." I answer out.

She nods her head while I slam my head back down on my desk. Can today serious be over with?

"Are you feeling okay?" Hayden asks with concern.

"Yes, I'm fine. Why?" I ask.

"You look paler than normal and you aren't acting like yourself is all." He answer.

When I woke up this morning I wasn't feeling like myself. But I hadn't noticed I was paler than usual. My mood I figured was over not eating breakfast because my lack of appetite.

The bell rings to signal it's time for lunch. As I begin to stand up; my head gets fuzzy and my world around me starts to spend. Before I could grab onto my chair, table, heck a person; I collapse right onto the floor. Right where I stood. I don't know who caught me but I'm grateful my face didn't bounce off the floor. My vision immediately goes dark.

I'm out like a blown light.

A/N:

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. But here's a new update. I'll be back tomorrow with an update. 💜