23 | Zamn

"Please, Levi," I beg him

"Please, Levi," I beg him. "Jeremy is moving out. This is the perfect time for you to move in."

Jeremy isn't coming, everyone is late, and the weekend hasn't even started. The best part of airports is all-day bars. Sadly, my drink isn't strong enough to help me forget everything going on right now.

"Teags, seriously." The sound of clinking metal explains his grunt. He's at the gym a few blocks from my apartment, but yet . . . "Why would you want to live down the hall from me when I spend half my time trying to get laid? Why would I want to live down the hall from you when you're trying to get laid? Imagine that for a second."

"I'll pass, thanks."

"Exactly. Stop asking me."

My mouth twists. I don't necessarily want to live with my brothers, I just want them close. "I'm going to lose the apartment if I don't find a roommate in the next two months."

"No, you're not! Oh my God. You will do anything to keep from asking Mom and Dad for money."

"Basically."

"They're going to be fine with it."

"Yeah, but what are they going to expect as non-monetary repayment?"

He grunts again with his next movement. "Probably force you to get back with Lenny."

"Bare minimum."

"It's not a big deal. It's rent, not a Bugatti," he laughs. "Do you want me to ask them for you?"

"Yeah, when you tell them you're moving in."

I can't tell if his heavy sigh is because of me or his workout. "You annoy me. Love you, bye." He hangs up and gives me my answer. Now, I'm pissier than before.

His picture fades with the call, and in its place, my messages. I look at the last one I sent and frown.

I gesture to the bartender, hoping to climb out of my feelings with the help of a second vodka tonic

The relationship clause was in the contract for a reason, but I didn't expect him to be the one to use it first. Heath doesn't like dating. Not in the traditional sense. But he's been doing it for two weeks. It pisses me off to the point of wanting to call it, but then he shows up and fucks me on every surface of his apartment, and my stupid, post-orgasm brain turns into complicitous mush.