ELEVEN.

THE STADIUM WAS FULL OF NOISE and different shades of blue, representing the two sides that were about to play the battle of James Corden. Jude was sat next to Bukayo as they awaited for their families to arrive, toying with the laces on his training boots.

Pre-match nerves were a thing for him, but today they felt even more heightened. Probably because of the fact that Kamaia was going to be watching him, wearing his shirt, and cheering him on. Jude had felt like a changed person ever since he decided that the two should be exclusive, he felt more mature in some ways.

He was about to start on Trent for sending a ball straight to his head without warning if it wasn't for Charlize's squeal as she found Bukayo. The two acted as if they hadn't seen each other in years, Jude noted, even though they were with each other last night.

Charlize was followed by Eden and then Kamaia, who was busy fussing with her hair that she had in a low ponytail. Her eyes squinted as she adjusted to the light of the stadium, a hand over her eyes as she shielded them from the light.

"There's your man," Eden pointed Jude out. "I'm gonna go say hi to Trent." and with that, Kamaia made her way to Jude.

She had a bright smile on her face as he met her halfway, wrapping his arms around her as her head slotted into the crook of his neck. "Missed you," she heard him mumble.

"You saw me like, a day ago," she reminded him, echoing his earlier thoughts about Bukayo and Charlize.

"Still." He sat her down in the empty seat next to him, watching as she looked over the rest of his teammates who were training on the pitch. A certain set of eyes from Mason and Declan made their way to the couple, sending them raised eyebrows and at one point, aiming to imitate them by Mason throwing himself at Declan. Out of context, it certainly did look odd.

Jude listened as Kamaia told him about how their cab journey ended up being the biggest failure of the month, but the only thing on Jude's mind was whether or not he should hold her hand.

Every little thing about their exclusiveness, he overthought. He didn't want to move to fast, or too slow. But he also didn't want to jeopardise his own career, hers too. But none of that was in kind when he smoothly places his arm over her shoulders, pulling her closer to him.

"And then we───" Kamaia interrupted herself when she felt Jude's hand brush her neck, fixing her necklace for her.

"Don't let me stop you," He mumbled, gesturing for her to carry on. With a starstruck look on her face, she did.

"They're about to become my one true pairing, I just know it," Raheem noted, looking on.

"Maybe he did actually listen to what we said to him," Marcus added, noting how he'd never seen Jude look at a girl like that, let alone in a public setting.

─── ༉‧₊˚✧ ───

THE MATCH DIDN'T END IN FAVOUR OF EITHER TEAM, much to everyone's annoyance. Jude had just swapped shirts with Gio and was on his way to Kamaia, feeling a sudden urge of eagerness to see her.

"So who keeps James Corden? Or is that not how this works?" Eden asked aloud, with Charlize side-eyeing her in response.

"Hey," Kamaia smiled upon sighting Jude. He returned the gesture, arms open to give her a hug. "Not until you shower first."

"I'm offering you my affection and you turn me down? In a full stadium? Ouch." He feigned his hurt.

"You did so well, but we have to talk about your anger issues ─── we could hear you swearing all the way over here," she giggled, picking out stray strands of grass that were on his face and in his hair.

"Please, I was being nice." Jude scoffed.

"Hey, Kam, we're gonna be down there, okay?" Charlize tapped her friend's shoulder, giving a little supportive hug before going towards the bottom of the stands with Eden.

"The shirt suits you," Jude mumbled, tugging on the material that Kamaia wore. Her initial reaction to the England kit reveal was that the home kit was ugly, the away kit was slightly better. But seeing it on Jude definitely changed her mind.

"Might burn it after this," she joked, the shocked look on Jude's face being worth it. He shook his head at her giggles, fighting every urge to kiss her then and there. Not like he hasn't kissed her before. But if he was to do it from this point on, it would feel much more different.

Some fans were still present, as were family members of the players, so Jude didn't exactly have much time on his hands. He tapped Kamaia's waist, pulling her close to him. She wasn't startled at all, simply looked back at Jude adoringly, as if waiting for him to make the next move.

He had that famous smirk sitting on his lips as he quickly scanned his surroundings for anyone looking directly at the pair, and when he found none, he gently leant forward, his lips meeting Kamaia's as both their eyes closed.

This kiss was short, mainly because they were in an incredibly public space yet no one seemed to be paying attention to them. But they both enjoyed it, as could be told by the kiddish smiles on their faces.

"I'll see you after, yeah?" Jude smiled, grabbing her hand quickly before he left. Too happy to say anything, Kamaia simply nodded in reply, leaving the boy to venture back to his team. 

He may not have won the game, but he did win a kiss at the end. So for Jude, a win was a win.

─── notes.
first (ish) kiss done 👹👹👹