2.

"Mr

"Mr. Hollis, it's a pleasure to meet you. Although I am sorry it's under such unfortunate circumstances." After looking at the cases I had asked Captain if I could reopen each one and if I could look at other unsolved cases to see if there were anymore connections. At first he said no but after me and Robyn did a lot of persuading he eventually said yes. I understand though. If I interview these people each of who has lost someone special to them and I still can't solve it, then I've put them through all this, gave them false hope, all for nothing. Just the thought of putting these people through even more pain, makes me not want to take the risk. But then there's another part of me that wants justice for them, for their family and put the prick in prison for life.

"It's nice too meet you too Detective Morgan. I can't tell you how happy we are to see that you have decided to have another look at our case. We don't care for vengeance we just want to know what happened to our daughter." Mr. Hollis has his arm around the waist of his wife. They both have a grateful smile on there face and hope in there eyes. I almost feel guilty. Guilty for not being able to promise them that I will find out what happened to their daughter. Guilty that they have to relive it all. Guilty that they don't have closure and may never will.

"It's an honor truly. It does however bring me no pleasure in saying this," How am I meant to say this... "as much as I wish I could, I can't guarantee that I will be able to solve this case. Especially when we have no suspects and no evidence." They were obviously disappointed, as any parent would be, but you could tell they were understanding and knew it was gonna be difficult. But this isn't a fight I plan on backing down from. Same goes for Ward and Tracy.

——————————————

We're in a private room. The photos of Kira's corpse are lying on the dark oak table along with her case file. Lydia, Kira's mother, is waiting outside making a statement while I ask her husband, Ronald, some questions about Kira and her life. I can tell he's never seen the photos of her corpse until today. I did warn him before showing him. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't horrified when I saw and I don't even know this girl. He was disgusted, petrified. Seeing his daughter like this must have been world-shattering. He's on the verge of tears.

He tells me how she was the life of the party, everyone loved her and she put a smile on every customers face when waiting on them. I tell him that we suspect that she had been using drugs her first year after getting her scholarship. He didn't look surprised. He go's on to tell me about how she had been put under a lot of stress during her first year a culinary school. He says him and his wife found drugs in her bedroom, what they thought to have been cocaine, hidden in her safe along with £27 and a gun.

Apparently, she had become incredibly paranoid, not just because of the drugs, but because she thought someone was out to kill her. That's when Ronald bursts into tears. He remembers how he said to Kira that she was being crazy, that no body was out to get her. Two weeks later she had been murdered.