V: DISTANCE

i wanted to get the whole distance game into one chapter, so it's quite a long one!

They left without saying goodbye to Hana. She felt bad for not going with them, but she didn't want to put her life in danger if she didn't need to. Plus, she trusted that they could beat a game without her.

She waited for a while for them to come back, beginning to worry when they didn't. So, she took it upon herself to look for them. Maybe they'd went to the beach without her. Maybe Karube had told them what she said to him, and they'd left her behind. She guessed it was karma for not being a 'team player'.

She packed a backpack with food and water. She'd look around for them, then go to the beach alone if she struggled too much to find them. It seemed like a good plan. She didn't want to spend the rest of her days looking, especially if they'd left her. That would be embarrassing.

Hana didn't mind if they'd left her. After all, she was the one who said they weren't a team. Plus, Arisu, Karube, and Chota had been friends forever, it'd make sense if they wanted it to just be them. Of course, with the exception of Shibuki, who Chota now seemed close to.

Unlike Shibuki, Hana hadn't made an effort to get close with any of them. She hadn't even stayed with Arisu and Karube during Tag. Perhaps she'd brought this abandonment on herself. Whatever, she was used to it.

She walked for miles, and was ready to give up, when the empty signs started lighting up

She walked for miles, and was ready to give up, when the empty signs started lighting up. 'GAME ARENA THIS WAY'. Maybe they were there. Maybe they'd missed the last game. Then it hit her. If they'd missed the last game, then Chota and Shibuki were dead. She tried not to think about it, and began following the signs.

She made it to the tunnel, walking through it until she found a bus covered in graffiti. Was that where the game was being held?

She got into the bus, picking up one of the phones. She's gotten used to that by now. She looked up to see Arisu, the girl they'd completed Tag with, and three guys.

"Arisu?" She asked. She didn't need to ask where the other were. She already knew. They were dead. If they were alive, they'd be here with him.

"Registration is now closed. The game is about to commence. Difficulty, Four of Clubs. There are a total of six participants. Game, Distance. Rule, ensure the trial while striving for the goal within the time limit. Clear condition safely attain the goal. Game start. One hundred and twenty minutes remaining."

They couldn't run. It was a team game, and one of the guys had an injured leg. If they were all gonna survive, they had to find another way. One of the three guys tried to start the bus, but it didn't work.

"Looks like we have to run," the girl said.

"Go on, leave me here," the injured man said.

"Takuma!" His friend said.