XV: KING OF SPADES

The next day, they stood near what, for now, they assumed would be the next game arena. "None of the games have started yet," Arisu said.

"Maybe we still have time," Usagi suggested.

"Or they forgot to push the big red start button," Chishiya said.

"They didn't even tell us about the rules for this one," Kuina said.

Usagi began to look around with an unreadable expression on her face. "Hey, you okay?" Hana asked.

"I hear something," Usagi said. Hana often wondered whether Usagi had some sort of super human senses.

They all looked in the same direction as Usagi, and Hana finally heard a deep rumbling. A bunch of cars came around the corner.

"They're alive," Kuina said, "Beach people."

The cars surrounded them, and people began to get out. "What is this?" Arisu asked one, "What are you doing here?"

"We saw the blimps show up," he said.

"There are rumours that the next stag is starting," a woman said.

"Right," Arisu said, "Here's the thing."

Before he could start, the man was blown away by a rifle. Then so was the woman, and multiple other people.

"A rifle," Chishiya said. Everyone began to run, but Chishiya walked slowly backwards. "That thing's an anti-tank rifle. So I'd forget about hiding behind a car."

"Shiya!" Hana yelled. Chishiya now began to run with everyone else.

"Cute nickname."

"Shut up."

"Does this mean the game's started?" Usagi asked.

"I don't know," Chishiya said.

"Did they give us any rules?" Kuina asked.

"Without rules, this is just a massacre!"

"That rifle can kill from a kilometre away," Chishiya said.

"How far is that?" Hana asked.

"I just said a kilometre, idiot."

"No, I meant- Doesn't matter."

"Damn it, I recognise that sound," Kuina said.

"Now we've got an assault rifle," Chishiya said.

"We have no idea how many there are," Usagi said.

"Other players are starting to group together," Kuina said.

"Could be more than one shooter," Arisu said.

"I had no idea so many players were still alive."

"Not for long," Hana said.

"They're almost here," Arisu said, "We have to go!"

They began to run, instantly getting shot at. "We need to split up," Chishiya said.

Hana ran off in a different direction to everyone else, trying her best to find shelter from the bullets. It wasn't the easiest when she couldn't tell exactly where the shooter was. Adrenaline pumped through her body as she ran, trying to keep herself from falling over. She got onto the road and was pulled behind a car, looking up to see Kuina and Chishiya.

The gunfire suddenly came to a halt, and Kuina looked out at Arisu and Usagi. "Are you guys trying to get yourselves killed out there?" She asked, before being shot at a again. "Where are they shooting from, anyway?"