Chapter 3

That night Maggie and I had hung out in her room, just talking and gossiping about the cheerleading squad and childhood memories. It was late by the time Maggie had collapsed back onto her bed and literally passed out. Normally I would get up to go to the guest bedroom that Maggie's mom had set up for me, but when I realized that me being in a large room alone, was only temptation for Cameron to join me.

Just thinking about what could happen if him and I were stuck in a room alone brought goosebumps to the top of my arms, making me shiver in fear and also in pure unadultered want. Deciding that it would be best to stay with Maggie, I slid into bed beside her, pulling the blankets up over the both of us. I sighed softly as I turned onto my back, running a hand through my hair as I tried not to replay the feeling of Cam touching me. 

Every minute that passed was almost like torture. My body yearned to walk across the short hall over to Cam's room and let him have his way with me. But the logical part of my brain, scolded me for letting him control me like that. My body was fighting with itself, deliberating on which option to take.

Whenever I would close my eyes my body would just replay the feeling of Cameron pressing his body up against mine. Pinning me to the counter. His touch, his lips, his tongue.

I was practically going insane with lust and denial. I hated that I was as drawn to him as I much as I was disturbed by him.

After another hour and a half the faint sounds of someone walking through the hallway, made me turn onto my side and pretend to be sleeping. I made my breaths come out even and deep despite my heart that was hammering inside my chest. 

When I heard the creak of the door open I nearly had a heart attack. I was so afriad that Cameron would actually come into Maggies bedroom just to get me. And knowing Cameron I knew that he wasn't afriad to get what he wanted. But to my good fortune he stayed by the door, the weight of his gaze pinning me to the bed , nearly sophocating me with its intensity. 

My body burned at the close distance between us and I felt my body actually wishing that he would come into Maggies bedroom, but the other side of me, my heart, the one that couldn't bare to be rejected and used, wanted him to close the door and leave me alone. To forget all about me and move on.

When I heard the sound of the door close I let out the air that I hadn't even realized I had been holding. My heart was flying inside my chest, the sound so loud I swear Maggie should have heard it.

When my heart had calmed down i began to feel the strain of staying awake for so long take its affect. My eyes began to droop and before i knew it I had fallen fast asleep.

 The next morning I felt completely nervous about seeing Cameron. What would he do? Would he yell? Would he ignore me? The possibilities were endless and they were quite frankly giving me a massive headache.

I hopped into the shower, using Maggie’s cinnamon Shower gel to lather my body. The warmth of the shower undid all the kinks and knots in my back, easing the tension building up in my head.

I let out a small huff when I had to leave the soothing waters behind. I grabbed a towel, tightly wrapping it around my body as I stepped out of the washroom into Maggie’s bedroom.

I was so glad that the washroom was attached to Maggie’s room; I didn't know what would have happened if I had stumbled into Cameron with nothing on but a towel.

The thought made me shiver with both anxiety and yearning. God help me! I prayed as my core began to throb just about the very mention of Cameron.