Chapter 4

When I had met up with my friends after the little session I had with Cam in the closet, I felt like everything they talked about had something to do with what I had just done.

So the whole time they were talking my cheeks were burning a bright red and I couldn't form proper sentences.

"Katie are you okay?" Maggie asked, her eyes narrowed in suspicion. "Yeah, I think I might be coming down with something" I sighed, closing my eyes, trying once more to push back the memory of what just happened.

The sound of a group of girls giggling caught my attention. I turned looking in the direction the sound was coming from and felt like my heart had just been pounded into a million pieces. Cam sat at the football table two girls sitting on his lap. One of them just so happened to be sucking his face off like he was a Popsicle or something.

To tell you the truth I didn’t know why I expected him to act different seeing as he had been with me not even 20 minutes before. I guess I was just hoping that maybe I had something different that would make him change.

I felt a glare come over my features, my hands fisting at my sides. "I think I'm going to go home" I muttered, "I need time to rest" I shot a small smile at Maggie before grabbing my bag and stalking out of the lunch room, trying my very best to make it appear that what was happening to me had nothing to do with a certain boy and his uncontrollable urges.

I jogged to my car, climbing in and stepping on the gas as soon as I was buckled in. I sped all the way home the whole time gripping the steering wheel like it was my lifeline. I sucked in a deep breath trying to fight back the need to cry.

"God!" I shouted, slamming my hand against my dashboard when I stopped at a red light. I hated that he could get under my skin so damn easily.

As soon as the light turned green I slammed my foot on the gas till I got home. I needed something sweet. I needed comfort food.

When I finally pulled into my driveway and walked into my house I realized that the emptiness of the place was nearly suffocating me. It was only a reminder of the fact that I was alone and that no one wanted to be with me. Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to come home. But then the image of those two girls sitting on Cam’s lap filled my head and I automatically felt anger well up in me.

Taking a deep breath I stalked towards the fridge and dug into the freezer pulling out a big tub of ice cream and grabbing a large bag of chips off the counter before I ran up to my room and put in a movie before settling down on my bed.

After a few hours of pigging out on ice cream and chips my phone rang. I looked down at the caller I.D. to see Maggie's number.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey sweets how are you feeling?" Maggie asked, her voice filled with worry.

"Better, I don't know what the hell that was." I breathed hating the fact that I was lying to my best friend. But there was part truth in what I was saying. I did feel better. During my whole junk food binging I had made a decision to stay away from Cam.

"Yeah, well since you are feeling better, do you wanna come over and soak up some vitamin D with me?"

I pursed my lips thinking the offer over before I made my decision. "Sure I'll be there in a few" I agreed.

"Sweet, see you soon" She chirped before hanging up.

I threw my dishes in the sink, grabbing the chips and putting them away as well as the half eaten ice cream, before I made my way upstairs to my bedroom to get ready.

I tapped a finger to my chin as I looked through my swim suit collection. I wanted to make Cameron regret playing me.

Something bright red caught my attention. I grabbed it pulling out so that I could look at it. I felt a smirk spread across my face.