Chapter 12

After we had finished putting the leftovers into the fridge and cleaning up all of the dirty dishes, I made a point to stay away from Cam and to remain with at least Maggie, Elizabeth or Dave. 

I knew that if Cam found me alone he would definitely get back at me for the little payback at dinner. Just thinking of what he might be planning made my skin heat and for me to shudder in both need and fear. 

When I managed to stay out of his grasp by the end of the night and was finally safe in my car, driving back to my house I finally let my breath out. That had been to close for comfort. Way to close. 

I pulled into my driveway, noticing once more that my mom still hadn't come back from her 2 week trip. It has now been 4 weeks and I still haven't received any message from her to tell me she was even still breathing. Sighing sadly to myself I grabbed my bag and stepped out of my car. I made my way to the front door trying to search through my bag for my house keys without actually peering into my bag.

Just as I pulled out my keys and leaned forward to slide them into the lock a hand clamped over my mouth, cutting off the scream that just escaped my lips. My keys slipped from my hand and I instantly grabbed at the hand that was definitely powerful enough to be a man and shrieked in fear as I struggled, when the man spoke softly in my ear. 

"Don't struggle. It's just me." The familiar voice had relief washing over me and I couldn’t help but slump into Cam’s broad chest, my heart still crashing in my chest like thunder. 

When Cam was sure I wasn't going to scream, he removed his hand, allowing me a chance to turn around to face him. 

As soon as I was I slapped him hard across the face. "Don't you ever scare me like that again!" I shouted angrily my eyes welling up with tears. I had never been so scared in my entire life.  

Cam flexed his jaw, a hand coming up to rub the spot where I had hit him. The skin slightly flushed from the slap. 

"Duly noted." He muttered. 

"What the hell are you doing here anyways?" I glared, furiously wiping away the tears that had started to fall down my cheeks.

"I was trying to surprise you. By the look...and feel of it" He murmured in an afterthought as he rubbed his jaw again. "I succeeded." 

“Oh fuck you Cam!” I hissed turning around and bending down to search for my keys in the dark. As my hand skimmed over the welcome mat on my front porch for my keys I could practically feel Cam breathing down my neck. I hid the involuntary shudder that ran through my body. God! Why couldn't my body just hide the fact that Cam standing so close behind me was driving me wild?! Why was I so easy to read?! When I managed to finally find my keys and unlock my door and step inside I was almost completely flushed with need. I quickly kicked off my shoes and dropped my bag moving farther away from the door so that there would be as much space as I could put between Cam and I. I turned to face him as he walked in after me, closing the front door behind him with a soft click. 

"Go away Cam, I am not in the mood" I glared, getting angrier and angrier when I felt a dull throb begin in the pit of my stomach.. He wasn't doing anything else... just standing there. He even had all of his clothes on, but I was responding to him as if her were butt naked and begging me to help him scratch an itch. I quickly shook my head to rid myself of that image. It surely wasn’t helping my situation.