Chapter 15

Katie POV

Cam slipped his hand in mine with a  wide smiled spreading across his lips as he helped me take a seat on the picnic blanket he had set out. I think I was still in shock when Cam had allowed me to pull the blindfold off and I could finally see what Cam had been hiding from me for the better part of the night.

Everything had been planned out, I could see off to the side there were extra blankets and pillows that were set aside for later on when the night would get colder. My jaw and mouth were starting to hurt because I had never smiled so much in my entire life. I eagerly took a plate from Cam and moved forward towards the mountain of food. I wasn't really a picky eater and because Cam had gone out of his way to buy all this food I decided to have a little bit of everything. 

I piled my dish with food and when I literally could not fit anything else on my plate I placed it on the tops of my knees and started eating. Despite the warmth of the night I was still feeling slightly cold, especially since my little outfit that I had wanted to surprise Cam with wasn't exactly big enough to cover up everything. My teeth chattered when a particularly cool breeze came off of the crashing waves only a few meters away from us. 

"Cold?" Cam asked, gazing at me as I tried to play off my shivers. When he didn't buy it I reluctantly nodded. Within seconds Cam had jumped to his feet and grabbed a big fluffy blanket and placed it over my shoulders before dropping down behind me. I frowned in confusion at what he was doing when I saw his legs come into view on either side of me, his arms wrapping around my waist and pulling me back into his chest. Feeling the heat of his chest radiate through the blanket had me sighing in pleasure and eagerly leaning back and closer to him to absorb his heat. 

"How are you going to eat?" I questioned when I noticed that in his attempt to keep me warm Cam had abandoned his plate of food entirely. "I'll eat later" He chuckled, "There are more pressing matters at the moment," He gave my hips a light teasing squeeze that had me rolling my eyes. "You didn't have to sit behind me you know? I think I would have survived just fine with only the blanket" I said, turning my head so that I could look at him over my shoulder. 

"I have a great idea, stop talking and just eat your food. Ok?" Cam chuckled, shaking his head at me when he saw my mouth drop. "Did you just order me to do something?" I said my gaze narrowing into a glare. A smirk lifted the sides of Cam's lips, easily drawing my gaze down to them. "Last time, I remembered you liked it when I told you to do something" Cam replied with a husky voice that had my insides twisting and knotting into a ball of butterflies. I could feel that heat crawling up my neck and infusing my cheeks with a bright red glow just remembering what Cam had looked like in the middle of my home, commanding me to strip. 

I cleared my throat softly and looked away, choosing the best course of action was to not reply or to react and instead I forked another mouthful of food into my mouth. Cam's chest rumbled against my back with his quiet laughter. "That's what I thought" He chuckled against my ear, his lips pressing into the spot just below my jaw, giving me a sweet kiss. 

"If I can't beat you, at least let me feed you" I grumbled, turning slightly and holding a forkful of food over my shoulder for him to eat. When he shook his head and I didn't move away, he gave a heavy sigh and leaned forward, his lips sealing over the end of the fork and pulling the food into his mouth. "There, happy now?" He asked with a mouthful of food. "Almost. Don't talk with your mouth full of food." I smiled.