Soldier, poet, leader

'Come on, Nes. He might not be extraordinary, but he is a decent man and that alone is a rare thing.' Rayna spoke, her skilled hands working fast on cutting the vegetables.

  The two women were seated in the kitchen, talking about Elain's most recent suitor, Graysen. Nesta was leaning back on her chair, arms crossed as she took in her friend's words. Rayna sighed. She got up and placed the fresh vegetables in the pot containing boiling water.

  'You know we have servants to do that.' Nesta pointed out.

  'I know, but it's a welcomed distraction.' Rayna confessed as she took a spoon and begun stirring.

  Nesta's frown broke into an understanding look, her features softening. If it was up to her Rayna would live with them and never have to go back to the Barrel as they called it, a dangerous part of the land right next to the sea port.  The eldest Archeron had invited her to move in many times, but was refused every time. She slept at the mansion sometimes though. Nesta gave her one of the guest rooms and Elain decorated it.

    'She cares for him, Ray. I don't like that. If she cares for him, he can hurt her.' Nesta voiced her concerns for her younger sister.

Rayna ran a hand through her red, almost unnatural looking, wavy hair. She looked out of the kitchen's window at the delicate figure kneeling in the gardens, tending to a violet flower.

   'You can't keep her from the world forever. She is stronger than you believe her to be.' Rayna walked around the table and rested her hands on the back of Nesta's chair.

    'I want to keep her safe. I don't want her to ever go through what we went through. I wish she never feels that pain.' The oldest Archeron confessed, her voice filled with a rare display of emotion.

    'But she will, everyone goes through pain we'll just have to make sure she doesn't go through it alone.' Rayna squeezed her shoulder.

 Nesta sighed as she placed her own hand over her friend's, her twin flame's. A reminder that she wasn't alone. The two understood each other on a level no one else ever had. People saw them both as hateful, wrong, wild beasts, just because the way they handled their pain and trauma didn't look the same. Nesta's sharp tongue and cold, unforgiving attitude found a safe place in Rayna's silent, demanding way and her too intelligent, calculated words.

    'We should leave if we don't want to be late.' A sweet voice behind them spoke.

 Elain moved from the doorway to the sink, washing the mud and dirt off her hands. Rayna's face lit up, a spark in her eyes matching Elain's.

   'I can't wait. Oh, how I missed the music!' The redhead clapped her hands together in excitement.

 Rayna took Elain's hand and spun her as she hummed an old folklore song. Nesta shook her head, hiding a smile as she put her coat on and walked to the door. Elain laughed, handing Rayna a black coat before picking up her own.

°•▪︎♤▪︎•°

    The music got louder as the got closer to the location. Rayna's eyes lit up when she reached the spaced where people danced and sung. A man spotted her arriving and pointed to the small stage. Nesta pushed her forward, her way of encouragement. The redhead made her way through the danging crowd and on the stage. The man took her coat after signaling to the musicians. The crowd seemed to pause to stare at her as the song begun. Her dark blue simple dress made her glow as she moved to the music. Rayna started singing the well known lyrics, her voice echoing through the dark streets.

There will come a soldier
Who carries a mighty sword 

  Somewhere far away there was a man, no, a male. Red stone shone on his armor. He raised his arm, a feral smile on his face as he wielded his sword like it was an extension of his arm. Bat like wings spread wide behind him as he striked again and again.

He will tear your city down
Oh lei, oh lai, oh, Lord
Oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh, Lord

  Nesta moved her body with the music, a lethal battle. Every spin executed with calculated precision. She danced to her friend's voice with such precision, such strength, it made people stop to admire.

He will tear your city down
Oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh, Lord

  The male with red stones and bat wings retreated his hand to block a hit. Nesta extended her arms as she spun once more.

There will come a poet
Whose weapon is His word

  In the same distant place another male with blue stones this time sat on a roof's edge, a dagger in his scarred hands. His head titled back as he hummed an old song. Shadows danced along, around their master's wings.

He will slay you with His tongue
Oh lei, oh lai, oh, Lord

 Rayna placed a hand on her hip, her voice never flattering. She felt the outline of the dagger hidden there and moved, following the music. The audience seemed in awe as she hit every note perfectly.

Oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh, Lord
He will slay you with His tongue
Oh lei, oh lai, oh, Lord

  The male with blue stones tapped his fingers on his knees, keeping the rhythm. In a matching colored dress, Rayna jumped from the stage, the crowd parting for her. She took Elain's hand and spun her, the lyrics continuing to spill from her mouth.

There will come a ruler
Whose brow is laid in thorn

   In two different far away places a male and a female stood. The female was on a balcony, in a court full of flowers and cages, her hand reaching out to him without even knowing it. The male reached out as well in his own court full of stars and dreams.

Smeared with oil like David's boy
Oh lei, oh lai, oh, Lord
Oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh, Lord
Smeared with oil like David's boy
Oh lei, oh lai, oh, Lord

   Nesta took both her sister's and Rayna's hands in hers and made a circle others joined. They danced like that, arm in arm, heart to heart until their feet couldn't hold them up anymore.

Oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh lai, oh