Chapter 7

Like the rest of the guests staying in the High Tide, the four siblings make their way downstairs to the Hall of Nine.

As it was expected, a crowd has already gathered there; with more still coming.

They locate Aemond easily, seated near the burning fire. Their distraught parents by his side. Helplessly watching maester Kelvyn tending to him, looking grim.

Aemond makes no sound or shows any signs of discomfort as the maester stitches his wound together. It's a deep long and hideous— stretching from above his left brow, over his left eye socket, and down to his cheek. Far worse than what Aemma or any of her other siblings thought it would be.

As the maester continued to work, the King interrogated Lord Commander Westerling and his guards and Ser Criston Cole, who were supposed to have the night's watch. Blaming them for letting everything get to this point.

He was beyond angry.

From beside the light of the hearth, their mother watched the maester closely. "It will heal, will it not, Maester?" Her voice as desperate as a mother's can get at a situation like this.

Maester Kelvyn hesitates, still focused on sewing the wound together. "The flesh will heal... but the eye is lost, Your Grace."

Their father sighs and their mother looks as though she might burst into tears. But she stands straight instead, purposefully rounding towards where her other children stood, with her handmaiden.

"Where were you?" She demand off of Aegon.

"Me?" Aegon asked confused.

The slap their mother delivers to his cheek makes his younger siblings jump with fright. Emotions of shock and fear reflected on their faces.

"Ow!" He yelped, "what was that for?!"

"That was nothing compared to the abuse your brother suffered while you were drowning in your cups, you fool!" She hissed, baring her teeth. Looking like an animal ready to rip Aegon to shreds.

Just then the door above opened, and Lord Corlys and his wife charged through the stairs. While Corlys looked around with a fierce gaze demanding — what's happening? His wife rushed over to their granddaughters and took them in her arms protectively.

Not a moment later, the other door across the hall opened. Princess Rhaenyra ran in. Prince Daemon was closely following, but he stayed by the door, casually leaning against it.

Rhaenyra rushed to her boys and kneeled in front of Lucerys who was bleeding from the nose, to check for his injuries before demanding, "Who did this?"

"They attacked me!" Aemond looked back and shouted from his seat.

"He attacked Baela!" Jacaerys shouted back.

"He broke Luke's nose!" One of the twins joined the competition of shouting.

From there chaos broke out, leading to the over lapping of voices. All of the children involved in the incident were shouting at the same time. Shifting the blame from one to the other. Making it difficult to understand who was saying what.

Overwhelmed, Aemma closed her ears using both her hands. Still, the muffled voices made it to her ear.

"He stole my mother's dragon!"

"Enough." The King demanded, but it went unheard as the children continued to argue.

"He was going to kill Jace!"

"I didn't do anything!"

"Enough!" The King tried again.

"It should be my son telling the tale!" The Queen joined in.