~Chapter three: Dragon Training~ (Jenny)

The walk from my home to Berk wasn't tiring. I had walked through the woods to the village so many times, that it had really become more boring than exhausting. I had told Spark early that morning during our flight that I would be visiting the village that day, in hopes to find the boy from yesterday afternoon. The moment I saw the Night Fury, I was too shocked to do anything right away. I had stayed, hovering in midair with Spark under my legs. And that was when the boy came. I watched as he examined the black dragon, and prepared myself to attack, when I saw the boy lift his dagger to kill it. But he had stopped. For the first time in the ten years that I had lived near the island of Berk, and in the five years that I had been the Night Rider, I had never seen another Viking refuse to kill a dragon. Although I didn't want to admit it, it had peaked my interest. I had spent all night trying to think of why. Why wouldn't he kill the dragon? Was it nerves? Could he simply just not stomach killing a dragon? Or did he genuinely have enough sympathy to spare the wounded dragon's life?

That's what I was hoping to find out.

I didn't have my cloak with me. In broad daylight, it'd just be too obvious. But since no one had seen my face, or even knew that the night rider was indeed, a girl, blending in with the crowd was the way to go. I had spent the last hour and a half searching for the boy, with no luck. I almost wished that Spark was up, searching the skies, but I had insisted on him staying behind, for fear of him getting caught, and I still stood by that.

"Yeah, no kidding, right? Pain. Love it."

I furrowed my brows at the familiar sounding voice, and made my way towards the dome shaped building, and as I did the voices got louder. "Oh great. Who let him in?"

The gate was closed, but I could make out about six or seven figures inside. I looked down at the ground and my eyes followed the path to some stairs that seemed to lead to stands around the dome. Cautiously, I walked up one set of steps to my left, and as I expected, there were seats all around. I chose a seat where I was least expected to be seen.

"Let's get started!" I watched as a large man with a braided blonde beard walked around, in front of six children around my age. "The recruit who does best will win the honor of killing his first dragon in front of the entire village."

I felt my stomach turn. So that's what they were doing...

A beefy boy with black hair chuckled, and gestured to the boy I had seen in the woods. "Hiccup already killed a Night Fury, so does that disqualify him or...?"

Hiccup I thought. I looked over to see the recruits begin laughing at him and chatter in the background. "Can I transfer to the class with the cool Vikings?" asked an odd boy with blond hair, turning to what looked like his twin sister...or brother?

I shook my head and glanced around, surveying who was all there. Hiccup, I recognized. He had brown messy hair, and green eyes, and hardly wore any armor. He looked more like a blacksmith with the way he dressed. There was also a boy with short blond hair, and was quite large. He seemed the nicest to Hiccup, though he hadn't really spoken. There was also that boy who had made fun of Hiccup, and I had to admit, his cocky demeanor and bullying attitude caused a disliking for him to form already. Then, after close examination I could see that it was indeed a twin boy and girl, who were both equally as destructive as the other. My eyes then fell on the other girl there. She had long blonde hair tied in a braid, and icy blue eyes. I had seen those eyes before. It dawned on me that this was the girl from the raid, who had tried to attack me. I chuckled slightly.

This would be interesting.

The man who looked like the teacher stuck Hiccup in line with the others and continued on toward five massive reinforced doors, terrible roars and bellows issued from within. I peered over the edge, trying to see what was in there, when the teacher spoke again,