twenty-eight

When I come out of the bathroom, Liam and Zayn are up on stage, arms wrapped around each other, singing Zayn's song Night Changes. Well, they started out singing it, at least. At a certain point, Liam tried to out-sing Zayn on a high note, and Zayn of course had to go back and sing it better, and now they're having a competition while the song plays, abandoned, behind them.

When they finally come down from the stage, having finally noticed the song ended, the next song takes me by surprise and I see my chance.

Niall's eyes light up hearing the song, but I rush over to stop him from getting up on stage.

"Can I take this one?" I ask, and he looks slightly surprised, but nods. I grin and hop up on stage. I'll shamelessly admit to being a fan of Niall's music.

I adjust the mic stand, pulling it down to match my height (only huffing slightly). Harry's eyes are glued to me as I start singing.

"Saw your body language and I know how you're feeling, you look like the kinda boy who's tired of speaking, standing with somebody but he doesn't know what you like," I sing, making my voice extra low and raspy. Harry's eyes widen.

Yeah, I think. How's it feel?

"You caught my attention, you were looking at me first, all that I can see's you waking up in my T-shirt, if you're not hooked on anything right now I could be your vice."

"All you need to know is," Niall sings as I catch my breath, eyes still locked on Harry's.

"You can call me when you're lonely, when you can't sleep, I'll be your temporary fix, you control me, even if it's just tonight."

"Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!" Niall yells, and Liam, Zayn, and Shawn laugh, joining him.

"You can call me when you feel like I'm your good time, I'll be your temporary fix, you can own me, and we'll call this what you like." I remove the mic from the stand and drop to my knees just like Harry did. "Let me be your goodnight." With a wink, I stand back up to start the second verse. I swear I heard Harry's breath catch, but it's a little loud in here with the music and laughter.

"The night is on your lips and I feel like I'm locked in, there's a million lies, I don't care if they're watching, your body's saying everything, I don't have to read your mind." I grin wickedly. "Feel you on my neck while I'm calling a taxi, climbing over me while I climb in the backseat, now we're taking off, now we're taking it off tonight." I tease at the hem of my T-shirt, pushing it up so just a little bit of my stomach shows, smirking when Harry's eyes drop there before I put the fabric back into place and his gaze connects with mine again. His green irises are startlingly clear and it's really, really hot.

"All you need to know is," Niall, Liam, Zayn, and Shawn all sing together.

"You can call me, when you're lonely, when you can't sleep, I'll be your temporary fix, you control me, even if it's just tonight."

"Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!" my collection of backup singers yell happily, and I can't stop the little smile that forms on my face.

"You can call me when you feel like I'm your good time, I'll be your temporary fix, you can own me, and we'll call this what you like. Let me be your goodnight." I take a quick deep breath and dive into the bridge.

"We can roll in the darkness."

"Yeah!"

"Let me touch you where your heart is!"

"Yeah!"

"And if you're feeling the weakness, well I told you baby that you can call me!"

"Hey! Hey!" Niall screams, pumping his fist in the air. Harry's eyes are still locked on me, but a smile breaks his expression at Niall's antics.

"I'll be your temporary fix, you can call me," I continue, getting close to the edge of the stage and jumping off, running into the middle of our little crowd as we all scream the last chorus.

"You can call me, when you're lonely, when you can't sleep, I'll be your temporary fix, you control me, even if it's just tonight! You can call me when you feel like I'm your good time, I'll be your temporary fix, you can own me, and we'll call this what you like."

I walk up to Harry, standing so close that our chests are touching and I can see every fleck of gold in his green eyes.

"Let me be your goodnight."

With one last wink and a smirk, the song ends. I'm breathing heavily, and Harry is too, but for very different reasons. His pupils have dilated so his irises are barely noticeable, his eyes suddenly dark.

Everyone else is cheering, but I need to get out of here. With Harry.

"Great job, mate," I hear Niall say behind me, patting me on the back. I nod, not taking my eyes off of Harry, handing him the mic absentmindedly.

"Let's go?" I ask quietly, and Harry just nods. I grab his hand and start leading him towards the door.

"Leaving so soon?" Liam asks, and Zayn gives me a knowing smile. I roll my eyes at him.

"Yeah, um...I'm just...tired," I answer quickly, and Zayn's smile morphs into a smirk. "Sure," he mouths, and I flip him off.

I drag Harry outside, looking around for my car. I've sobered up by now, and I had a few glasses of water before we started singing karaoke, so I'll be okay.

Originally the plan was for me and Shawn to be the designated drivers, and I'd take Liam and Zayn home, but I'm sure Shawn will manage.

"You better not have meant that about being tired, Tomlinson," Harry whispers in my ear, his warm breath fanning across my neck, making me shiver.

I turn slightly to fix him with an intense look. "Don't worry, I didn't."

I finally find my car and I open the passenger door for Harry, ever the gentleman, of course, and he slides in as I go around the other side to the driver's seat. The drive back to my house doesn't actually take very long, but it feels like forever because I'm practically buzzing with anticipation. We haven't properly had sex since the first time when we were both really drunk after the party on the night of the Brits, but I think it's time. That is, if he's ready. If he isn't, we won't. No questions asked.

God, I hope he is, though.

We pull up in front of my house and I get out, opening Harry's door again, and he climbs out of the car, managing to look graceful and effortless with only that simple movement. He then proceeds to trip over nothing and I have to steady him on our way to the front porch. I shake my head, a fond smile on my face.

As soon as the door is open, we're inside, and then it's locked behind us. Harry wastes no time and pushes his own back against the wall, pulling me in by my hips to press him there, attacking my lips with his. I follow his lead, one hand going around the back of his neck, tangling my fingers in his hair. The other hand fits into the dip of his waist, pushing our hips together. Harry groans into my mouth and I give another push, chasing the sound he makes down his throat with my tongue.

I pull away from the kiss eventually, both of us looking wild and unbridled. "Upstairs?" I ask breathlessly. Harry nods eagerly.

This is definitely not just a temporary fix, but tonight, if we act like we're never going to see each other again, that might not be such a bad thing.

A/N: I finally updated this story again! Yay!! I had a little bit of writer's block but I'm glad that's over. What did you think?

Louis' definitely living up to his title as Tommo the Tease. Good job. I'm surprised Harry's not dead yet.

Ideas/thoughts/opinions?

Love you all (except for Salmon, just to make @wannabeflyonthewall happy). Thank you for reading! Always treat people with kindness unless they really don't deserve it. Then go the Tommo way, of course <3.

xo, K