~5~

Agoraphobia: Fear of Crowds & Open Space

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Aurelia hated senate meetings.

Even though she technically wasn't a senator, Reyna insisted she wear a toga because of her Truthsayer position. So she put on a pair of black leggings, her purple v-neck Camp Jupiter dress, a pair of black boots and her white toga over it. She left her bands on her wrist.

Aurelia sat next to Frank, Hazel and Percy. Although her usual seat was at the praetor's table beside Reyna, after last night she felt like she needed to be with them more. Last night's victory had been overshadowed by Mars' announcement about the possible destruction of New Rome and them. So naturally, their fifteen minutes of popularity had quickly vanished, and Aurelia wanted to present a united front, especially since the four of them were most likely going on a quest together.

The decision of the quest was like an unsaid agreement. None of them really had to say to Frank that they had his back. Hazel giving him a bright smile in the morning, Percy walking with him to the mess hall, and Aurelia patting his back was enough to tell him that they weren't going to abandon him.

"Two gods in one day ..."

"Un-Roman fighting ..."

"Water cannon up my nose ..."

Percy seemed to ignore all the whispers about him. He had filled his plate to the brim with bacon, waffles, apples and several glasses of orange juice.

It was a big difference compared to Aurelia who merely ate a small bowl of yogurt filled with fresh strawberries and blueberries. In fact, Aurelia thought Percy may have kept filling himself if Reyna hadn't called for the senate to convene in the city.

"Here we go." Hazel was fidgeting with a stone that looked like a two-carat ruby.

The ghost Vitellius appeared next to them in a purple shimmer. "Bona fortuna, you four! Ah, senate meetings, I remember the one when Caesar was assassinated. Why, the amount of blood on his toga—"

"Thanks, Vitellius," Frank interrupted. "We should get going."

Reyna and Octavian led the procession of senators out of camp, with Reyna's metal greyhounds dashing back and forth along the road. Usually, Aurelia would walk right behind Reyna, but she chose to linger at the back of the group with Frank, Hazel and Percy.

Golden Girlजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें