~36~

Daemonophobia: Fear of Demons

Aurelia was groggy.

She had been the last to wake. The familiar taste of hot chocolate coated her mouth as she awoke. Several people stood above her all staring at her concern—which included, Coach Hegde, Annabeth Chase, and Piper McLean.

"Oh, thank the gods," Piper sighed, helping her sit up. "You're awake."

Aurelia rubbed her eyes as she took in her surroundings. The second she had sat up all the way, Hedge turned to the cots next to her. Jason and Percy both sitting up in their own respective cots, looking over at her concern as well.

Aurelia wasn't completely sure if she was still sleeping, because this definitely felt like one of her nightmares. "Oh ... what happened?"

Piper gave a quick overview of everything that happened after she passed out: Jason and Percy had been possessed by something called eidolons and had dueled out on the Topeka highway before they were both knocked out. Blackjack had carried them all back to the ship, and all three of them had gotten ambrosia and nectar.

Aurelia sighed. "I should have said something sooner," she murmured. "I felt their presence early, but I was trying too hard to locate them. This could have been prevented."

"No, it couldn't have," Piper said.  "You were right earlier when you said I was hiding something. I saw the duel happening in my knife. It was going to happen."

"That does not make me feel better," Aurelia muttered, leaning her head on Piper's shoulder. "Okay ... so what happens now?"

"The three of you just woke up," Piper said. "You guys should rest."

"Food first,"  Percy said. "Please? And we really need to talk." He looked at Annabeth. "Bacchus said some things that don't—"

"Bacchus?" Annabeth raised her hand. "Okay, fine. We need to talk. Mess hall. Ten minutes. I'll tell the others. And please, Percy . . . change your clothes. You smell like you've been run over by an electric horse."

Aurelia swung her feet onto the floor, pausing for a quick second to find her balance. "Thank you for saving me Piper."

Piper raised an eyebrow. "How'd I save you?"