~28~

Haphephobia: Fear of Being Touched

Aurelia was nervous.

It didn't help that she didn't have her necklace and was surrounded by the majority of Camp Jupiter and the city's citizens—all who feared the monstrosity that floated above them. The warship, full of Greek demigods, was floating several hundred feet above the ground, and on that ship was the son of Jupiter, Jason Grace.

Jason. It had been eight months since she had seen him in person, and only a few days since he chased her in her dreams (but that doesn't really count as seeing him). A lot can change about a person in eight months—she herself was a good example.

What if Jason was a completely different person? What if Jason didn't care for her anymore? What if he had moved on from her?

"You nervous too?" Percy murmured.

Aurelia glanced up at the son of Poseidon with a blank expression. "A bit. You are making me nervous." Despite his easy countenance and former excitement, Percy's emotions were very anxious, only adding to Aurelia's own feelings. Both had a lot riding on this meeting—on this reunion.

"Hey, it'll be okay," Percy squeezed Aurelia's shoulder, which untensed a little despite her usual aversion to physical touch.

She blinked. "I think I am the one who is supposed to reassure you."

"We can take turns." He gave her a troublemaker grin that made her want to roll her eyes.

Aurelia looked back at the ship. Her friends Hazel and Frank were walking together a few steps ahead of Aurelia and Percy, staring at the ship in amazement like the majority of the surrounding crowd. A long ladder came down from the ship and several figures began to climb down. The purple cape and blonde hair was the only figure Aurelia really focused on. Even from so far away she could feel his emotions, his familiar aura. So close. He was so very close.

"You good, El?" Percy asked.

"They really are here," Aurelia sighed. It hadn't felt real but it was. They were here. Finally.

The crowd naturally parted for the Greek demigods, giving them a wide berth to walk forward. They all studied the forum in equal amazement and wariness. Aurelia studied the four Greeks as well.

The boy who resembled Hazel's dearest Sammy Valdez was the most relaxed out of the four demigods. She remembered him being referred to as Leo. His hands kept fidgeting at his side, unable to keep them still. He seemed to be distracted, and the least nervous out of the group—as if his head was still dancing in the clouds atop of his ship.

Then there was the girl who looked to be of Native American descent. If Aurelia recalled correctly from her dreams, the girl was named Piper. She was dressed in tattered jeans, worn-out sneakers, and a white tank top with pink Hello Kitty designs. Beautiful, undoubtedly, but she seemed to be downplaying that fact with a lack of makeup and strange clothes. Her emotions were wary, as if she was half-expecting to be attacked.