0.1

chapter one | escape

his drunk limbs were sprawled out across the couch, empty glass bottles and pill containers scattered across the table in front of him. the loud snores echoed whilst a red head girl stood in front of the man, eyes glossy. the eyes of a girl who was hurt by the body in front of her, the same body that emotionally and physically abused her for 3 years, the same body that was supposed to be her dad and look after her. 

isabel had given up with the man a long time ago, but now she couldn't take it. she looked upon the the cigarette burns and bruises painted on her body. her eyes stung with tears that threatened to spill, but she wouldn't let them. 

isabel slung her bag over her shoulder. her teeth clenched as she saw the monstrous man laying on the couch. she let out a sharp shout kicking the table, letting bottles roll off. letting the tears fall down her cheeks, clenching her fists at her sides. although he was alive and breathing, he was still hardly conscious, meaning he wasn't going to wake anytime soon.

"fuck you!" she screamed, isabel lost her temper with him ages ago, but never showed it mainly because she was scared of what he would do. she looked at the man timidly, sweat droplets fell from his forehead whilst isabel shook her head.

considering his intake of drugs and alcohol he had no intentions of becoming conscious anytime soon. 

picking up her belongings, isabel decided to leave. she didn't want to see him ever again, even if he was her dad she hated as a person. 

isabel slammed the door shut, she ran across the driveway and around the bend were she slowed her pace. a wave of relief washed over her as she lightly smiled away the pain.

isabel was never one you would expect to do something like that, she would be always hiding in the shadows in fear. her scars aren't her happiest dreams and memories they are fragments of her darkest nightmares.

when isabel was young she had a family every young girl would dream of, despite this after her mom died her dad was different. it broke her heart to see her dad grieving over her mom, but after the grief started to fade he switched.

alcohol and drugs became something to rely on. he didn't care about his own daughter anymore, he wanted to release his hurt on her. so he did. isabel can never get away from that because a twisted man like him can destroy ones life forever.

isabel didn't stop running, her mind didn't stop spinning but she still wanted to get further away. the trees swallowed her up as the sun burned into her back more and more. mountains could be seen in the distance, she was beside a cliff taking in the fresh air.

her soft palm rested on the side of a tree whilst she panted, trying to catch her breath. she swallowed the lump in her throat, then sighed. walking at a much slower pace this time.

an uncertain look spread across her face, she knew she lost track of where she was. not paying attention, isabel's lost her footing as she tripped on a rock beneath her.

an unfamiliar arm wrapped around her waist, catching her fall. but she quickly got out of his grip, awkwardly. "thanks." she glanced at the person he had dark messy hair that fell on his eyebrow that was paired with chocolate brown eyes.

isabel stood up straight, dusting the dirt off her pants. the boy admired the red head as she fumbled with putting her bag back on. their eyes locked for a moment.

"good reflex." isabel pointed out, meeting his gaze. he returned her small smile, moving the hair out of his eye.

he nodded a thanks before saying, "i'm g-" his sentence was cut short by yelling which sounded like a young boy.