0.6

chapter six | drown

the group weeved through the sheets in the dark, isabel and gabriel had their hands locked together. all of them had their original clothes on as they continued to keep together.

they continued shushing and hushing eachother. isabel took a brief glance at gabriel with an uneasy feeling filling her to which he glanced back and squeezed her hand.

dariush jumped noticing a toy horse in his face but what isabel saw was a man in a mask behind it. her breath hitched in fear as his gun pointed their way.

"not another step." the man voice was filled with control. "move." he demanded, the five stumbled back with their hand above their heads.

"what the hell are you doing out here. we are in the middle of an alien invasion." the man questioned his eyes followed all of them.

"well yeah, your the ones with the purge masks. wronv genre bro." dariush answered.

"oh we got a comedian here." another said pointing his gun directly at dariush. the rest of them protested and shouted him to stop.

"there are aliens out here, okay?" gabriel tried to stop him. "we are not the enemy."

"you guys have something we're looking for." one spoke.

"dignity." zhen zhen looked at the man with a death stare.

"what did you say?" the man asked pointing the gun straigh at zhen zhen which made her go quiet.

"everybody calm down." a man said slowly as he walked towards them. "look what we have." he took off his 'purge' mask.

"lou! oh my god, lou." alex sighed in relief.

"thankyou baby jesus." dariush said.

"hold on you know this guy." gabriel was shocked as he stepped foward only to be brought back by them aiming their guns at him.

"hell yeah we know him. lou we go way back. we're like this. i wanted to free him and alex was the one that was like oh leave him in there and i was like free him he's a human." dariush rambled. "do you mind just telling these handsome men, you know the ones with the shot guns in our face to not do that." he pleaded whist everyone nodded and said please.

"i don't think anyone needs to get hurt tonight." he told the men who lowered their weapons. "but alex would you be so kind and give me that."

lou pointed to the crypto key around alex's neck as alex grasped the key tightly. "this?"

"yeah."

"this is our only shot at defeating the aliens."

"that means someone will pay a lot of money for it." he told him narrowing his eyes. "give me the key."

"i can't." alex said whilst placing the key underneath his shirt. "i made a promise."

"alex just give him the key enough, okay." dariush protested in fear.

"give me the key and walk away or i can cut your head off and take the key from the stump."

"you are not getting the fucking key end of." isabel said sternly as she held up her knife towards the man with eyes that drilled into him.

"i think your going to be the first head i will chop off." he smirked growing closer and aiming his knife at her.

screams were heard behind, the two men attacked by the alien that was somehow alive.

gabriel grabbed isabel's hand and pulled her along. not long after the warmth of his hand left hers and she soon realised that he was on the opposite side of the pool.