0.2

chapter two | abandoned 

isabel ran as fast as her legs could take her. down the mountain, the group began to realise that maybe they had been abandoned. isabel let out a large sigh running both of her hands through her red hair.

"everyone's gone!" alex yelled, pointing out the obvious. all you could hear was the loud panting of the breathless group, especially dariush which began to irritate isabel even more.

"do you have to breath so loud, i can't hear myself think." isabel retorted, causing a laugh erupt from beside her. but dariush quickly whipped his head towards her, crossing his arms in the process.

"yeah, when we have just been running for 4 miles." dariush snapped back, slightly over-reacting at the '4 miles' part.

"guys stop," alex broke both isabel and dariush out of their death stares towards eachother. "they probably got the emergency signal and went back to camp." he continued, once again stating the obvious.

the loud bangs erupted from the sky again but this time there were coloured explosions in the sky that came with them. everyone looked up at the sky with wide eyes as isabel covered her head, trying to protect herself. "what the fu-" dariush began, only to be interrupted by more bangs echoing in the sky.

"they are explosions in the upper atmosphere." alex explained, whilst everyone else looked among each other with fear growing in their eyes.

"call them and have them pick you up." gabriel suggested, making the rest of them grab their phones out of their pockets. isabel tried turning her phone on only to realise it was dead so she put it in her pocket again out of frustration.

"its dead, i had 90% two seconds ago. piece of shit boost mobile." dariush hit his hand against his phone trying to get it to work, but to his surprise nothing happened.

"mines dead too." alex agreed, his mouth agape.

suddenly the sky started to turn a bright orange colour, which washed over their faces making them glow. the wind began to pick up, causing a whirling noise to be heard. everyone looked up in complete fear and curiosity, it sent shivers up isabel's spine, the ominous feeling grew making her feel uneasy. isabel looked at gabriel with a scared look as he gave her a reassuring one in return.

fighter jets flew across the water, sending droplets of water flying at them. they all ducked as gabriel used his arm to cover isabels head.

"oh my god its independence day." gabriel said, breathing heavily as dariush looked at the brunette with wide eyes and a shocked expession.

"its june gabriel!" dariush shouted, pacing back and forth. as isabel huffed at his dumbness. "oh wait maybe north koreas invaded, zhen zhen call it off." he continued, pointing his index finger in zhen zhens face in which she just replied with a death stare.

"we just need to wait here until the adults realise they left us and come back." alex considered, trying to reassure the group.

"oh man! what if they never come back! i am going to die here with you losers and a hot chick." he wiggled his eyebrows at isabel who just flipped him off, making gabriel smirk beside her. "i never even had sex before! i'm gonna clear that up, i had sex before i mean i haven't had sex with two girls at once, thats what i mean." he continued, wiggling his eyebrows at both zhen zhen and isabel, but this time it made gabriel tense up.

"don't say shit like that about her!" gabriel yelled at dariush in his face, whilst isabel held onto his arm so that he wouldn't do anything else. gabriel had anger in his eyes, he couldn't explain why neither could isabel but what he did know was that he wanted to protect her no matter what.