Chapter 1: Only That Person

I was an alpha.

So was my partner.

It sounds different from the norms, after all, AO matches are the mainstream of society. Otherwise, it's AB or BB romances. Rarely did two macho alphas get together. Moreover, we've currently been together

for almost ten years.

Awesome, right?

I chased him first. We met at Imperial High School. He was the eldest son of the Duke of the Empire, physically and academically excellent at everything, even his bloodline could be rated as SSS-class high male god. Meanwhile, I was just a C-class alpha that was squeezed in with great difficulty after his family, belonging to the lowest class of the Empire, pulled all their connections.

I knew him because I didn't learn anything else when attending Imperial High School. The first thing I learned was to flirt with the shy omegas who were in upper society, but then, no matter how much the little omegas I flirted with started liking me- just a step before making our relationship official- they would end up apologizing to me and confess that they had a crush on Jeon Jungkook.

Having lost many battles, I finally wanted to see what the rumoured Jeon Jungkook looked like.

As a result, I ended up completely mesmerized.

That young man was dressed in white and had dark hair. His facial features looked as if they were drawn by the finest brushwork, and his temperament was as bright and clean as pine and bamboo. The second that we looked at each other, my whole body felt extremely hot. It was obvious that the other party was an alpha just like me, but at that moment, I felt as if I had inhaled the most potent aphrodisiac in the world.

Since then, everyone around me was nothing but a blur, except for that one person.

I confessed.

Jungkook walked straight away from me without even a word of refusal.

I gave presents.

Jungkook just indifferently glanced at me and brushed past me again.

I started writing love letters.

This time, I had learned my lesson. I didn't write my name, but maybe my mess of writing was too conspicuous in the number one Imperial High School and coupled with my first few confessions, almost everyone knew that Jungkook was being chased by a C-class alpha from a no-good family.

Imperial High School was worthy of being a place where nobles gathered, and the way everyone ignored me was also unique. There was absolutely no school violence or anything at all, I was just being treated like an invisible person by everyone in the school - including the teachers.

This feeling was really difficult and uncomfortable to recall, but I was really brazen at the time to follow Jungkook despite all of that.

It's funny, Jungkook became the only person who didn't give me the cold shoulder, or maybe he just didn't care, since he treated everyone in the same way.

He spoke to me for the first time.

"I won't like an alpha," he said.

I did a lot for him.

I said this not to move myself, but to move his heart, because that's precisely how he was moved by me.

I personally thought that I was able to touch his heart.

I found a hospital that installed an artificial omega gland for me. Once the alpha gland was removed, I could easily die, but adding another one would be much better, I would just feel rejection at best.