Chapter 4: That Person

This time, his best friend chose a particularly high-end membership-only bar in the Empire. Every week, famous singers from the Empire were invited to perform-not a recording, but a live concert, and there would also be audience interaction— but since the people who could come here were aristocrats, there was no fanaticism about those singers. It was the almost nostalgic, interactive atmosphere they were after.

Jungkook had a close relationship with this friend of his. Knowing that his friend had always been a playboy, he chose this place and this date because he may have thoughts about the singer this time.

His best friend particularly dressed well. He silently slandered this seemingly dignified look of his but didn't show any emotion on the surface, and let his friend pull him to the corner.

"What are you doing with such a dead face?" His friend knew what he was thinking at a glance and patted him on the shoulder, pretending to be mad, "This time is different, you probably know him too."

Jungkook smoothed his wrinkled sleeves and simply said, "Not interested, I just want to drink something."

"He pursued you before, he's an omega..." His friend showed a mischievous smile, "Whether you have any interest in him or not, I also want to see the difference between him who became a big singer and him from the past. In case he looks good, I'd like to pick him up too."

Jungkook thought, when he passed by and saw the poster of today's singer, he didn't have any impression. His best friend was just looking for an excuse.

The two ordered wine and sat down at the pure marble bar. In addition to the two of them, a few meticulously dressed people sat around chatting and tasting wine quietly. It wasn't long before the singer came on stage right on time.

With the encouragement of his friend, he finally raised his head and glanced at him. The other party painted eye makeup carefully, but his facial features were still unfamiliar to him. The Equal Rights Movement required all genders to wear inhibitors in public, and he felt nothing but apathy as he looked at him.

"Aren't you just interested in omegas? Why have you still not found someone you particularly like?" Seeing his indifferent reaction, his friend nudged him in frustration.

Speaking of an omega he particularly liked, Jungkook's mind flashed across the pair of affectionate and gentle smiling eyes that were always gazing at him during the previous company meetings. He didn't show anything on his face, he just lowered his head and took a sip of wine.

His friend helplessly said, "Ha, you don't really want to spend the rest of your life with... that person, do you?"

Jungkook's expression finally changed a little.

As soon as he showed an impatient look, his friend duly stopped, "Okay, I won't talk about that person anymore to save you from being in a bad mood... Come on, drink."

Jungkook drank it all, and the singer on the stage just finished a song. In that moment of silence, he said lightly to his friend, "I'm going to the bathroom."

As he washed his hands in the bathroom and went out, he noticed someone standing in the doorway, looking as if he was waiting for him.

It was today's singer.

Jungkook raised his eyebrows and indifferently asked, "Is something wrong?"

The little singer blushed, "...I didn't expect to see you here."