Chapter 9: His Life II

The Jeon company's employees recently discovered that Jungkook was often lost in thought. Especially after... Taehyun disappeared.

Even, sometimes in the middle of a meeting, he would blankly stare in the direction where Taehyun was sitting before. The speculation that the boss had a crush on Taehyun seemed to be an irrefutable fact when they heard that Jungkook and his partner who he had been entangled for many years had broken up... 

They didn't know the specific reason, everyone guessed that the breakup was for Taehyun.

 Coupled with the boss' reaction these days, the more they thought about it, the truer it seemed. It was as if the boss would scour through heaven and earth to find Taehyun and propose marriage in the next moment.

However, their whispers were overheard one day by Jungkook who happened to be passing by. The little employees shrank their heads in fear, waiting for the boss' scolding — but after a long silence, they only heard the boss insipidly say, "Don't talk nonsense in the future."

After that, the boss seemed to pull himself together a bit, and they didn't dare say anymore. As for... the rumoured partner of the boss whom he had been with for a decade- who left the scene in disgrace- they didn't even know that person's name and appearance until now.

Jungkook went home every day.

He felt as if a piece of his heart was missing, and he could often feel the cold wind whistling through the hole in his heart... No matter what he did, he couldn't fix the hole. Only when he was lying on the bed where Taehyung had slept before, smelling his faint, looming pheromones, could he slowly fall asleep. 

The autopsy report, which he held repeatedly, and the various numerical information on it were imprinted on his mind one by one - the data was cold, that person as if he were there.

 Symptoms of major depressive disorder. Conflict and rejection of opposite pheromones, but he kept recalling the bits and pieces of physical symptoms often include auditory hallucinations, damage of the heart and lung functions, a weakened respiratory system, and, eventually, even the surrounding air became one of the reasons for his death.

In terms of psychological symptoms, self-loathing, social dysfunction, and anorexia...

If at that time, someone stepped forward and pulled him from such suffering...

Jungkook lay on that person's bed, blankly staring at the ceiling. Tears inexplicably streamed down his face... in the faint scent of his pheromones that have almost disappeared. 

However, no one ever tried to save that person.

The last time he met that person was two months ago. Like before, that person was gloomy, his movements were slow, and even the blinking of his eyes seemed to be a beat slower. He was fed up with that person's changes. 

Just as the results came out from the Institute, he directly arranged the operation for him and then coldly informed him of its progress. Seeing that person lowered his eyes as if devoid of sorrow and joy, he felt unhappy and even tried to provoke him with words that would elicit a response.

Particularly, when he remembered Taehyun whom he admired during company meetings, he told him that he still liked pure omegas. That person suddenly reacted and looked up at him in a daze. There was almost no flesh on that person's face. He looked so haggard that he couldn't even bear directly looking at him.

Nevertheless, he couldn't help wanting to see more of that person's reaction, as if he could vaguely find Taehyung of the past, who had all the emotions written on his face. Therefore, he even said that his pheromones smelled like the cheapest wine.