1

As someone that was practically smothered as a child and was the youngest of four, going to college over a thousand miles from home was liberating. 

I loved not having to worry about running into one of my parents' friends at the wrong time, I loved trying new restaurants, I loved being on the cheer team, hell, I just loved college in general. 

Granted I was only a week into classes, but I loved my new found freedom. 

Even though I was 1,455 miles away from home, I somehow still managed to go to the same university as my enemy turned romantic man in my life.

I still did not really know what Hayden was to me. We kissed, we cuddled, and we went out to eat sometimes, but there was no "Oh this is my boyfriend, Hayden."

I guess that was college romance for you.

"Ro Ro!" Naomi, the best roommate in the world, said in a sing song voice as she walked into our dorm. 

"Hey, Nao." I greeted her. "How was class?"

She rolled her eyes. "I hate organic chemistry, but it was fine. So Miss. Carroway, what are we doing tonight?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, but we are not staying in the dorm tonight." 

She smiled. "This is why we are roommates. You get me, Ro."

"I say we find a party, we go to the liquor store, we pregame with the girls, we go out, we have fun, we come home before two in the morning, and we're up for workouts at nine in the morning. How does that sound?" I asked Naomi.

Naomi sat down on her bed. "Fucking amazing. I'm going to call my brother now and ask him if he knows of any parties going on."

I closed my laptop. "I'm going to go meet Hayden for a late lunch in the cafeteria, but I'll be back in an hour or two."

"You two are just something else, but that is a conversation for later." Naomi snickered. "Let me know if you need anything."

I blew her a kiss. "Thank you, ma'am." 

I grabbed my purse and started my walk to the dining hall where I was meeting Hayden at. While I walked, I thought about what I was going to wear tonight, what I felt like drinking, who I wanted to see, and everything. 

One thing I loved about Texas was the fact that it stayed warmer longer here than it did in North Carolina. I hoped that stayed true when the winter months rolled around.

"Hey, Carroway." Hayden held out his arm.

I gave him a hug. "Hey, Hay."

"How was your day?" he asked me as we both swiped in.

"I only had two classes today, so it was chill. But then I had early morning practice, so that wasn't too fun, but it did go well." I responded. 

Hayden nodded his head. "Same. I missed you."

I couldn't help but feel a small smile creep up on my face. "I just saw you on Tuesday."

"That was two whole days ago." he reminded me.

I rolled my eyes. "Well, you are just Mr. Busy these days."

"Carroway, I know you are not talking to me about being busy." he said to me as we walked around.

"Double edge sword I guess." I decided on a chicken caesar salad and fries. "I'm going to find a table."

Hayden nodded. "I'll find you when I decide on what I want to eat."

"Sounds good." I agreed. 

I chose a table, put my things down, and got back up to get a ginger ale when I saw someone that was a little bit too familiar at the drink machine.