8

Tonight was a huge night for me. I'd been working my ass off to be consistent on social media while being a good student and friend. 

Everything was starting to pay off because tonight was my first time attending an influencer event. It was to celebrate Fenty Beauty's new liquid blushes and of course, the Naomi Coleman was my plus one.

"What are you wearing?" Nao asked me. 

I sorted through my closet. "I want something professional, classy, but young and fun."

"I can work with that." Naomi took my vision and walked to her closet. "I cannot fucking wait until we have an apartment next year so we have more space."

"You're telling me." I agreed.

I got started on my Get Ready With Me by doing my makeup. I did a nice beat that was giving natural yet glam.  I got a fresh silk press that would probably be sweated out after this weekend, but the hair was on point.

I decided on wearing a pink bow top, white wide-leg trousers, and gold heels. I accessorized with gold jewelry and a pink purse. 

Naomi was wearing a Black silk dress with heels and we took pictures before we headed out to the event

Naomi was wearing a Black silk dress with heels and we took pictures before we headed out to the event. We were both excited because hellooooo! It's Fenty Beauty. It was a huge networking opportunity for both of us.

"You know, it's only a matter of time before brands start flying you out and stuff." Naomi said to me as we walked around. "I am so proud of you and I am lucky that I get to witness your successes"

A year ago, I would never even imagined that I would have a friend other than Ivy that I would be this close to. Ivy and I were still close, but the distance was horrible.

"You know it is just funny to me that you're getting invited to multi-million dollar events and you're still living in a dorm room." Naomi joked. 

Trust me, it was funny to me too. I would have never imagined that I would have found so much success at such a young age so quickly. But it also worried me. What if this was my peak and the rest of my life was on a downhill decline?

"My brother just slid up on my story post of you with heart eyes." Naomi interrupted y pessimistic thoughts.

I lightly laughed. "That's funny."

"Do you think your parents know?" I wondered.

Naomi looked at me as she drank her mocktail. "Ask me after Sunday dinner."

Mr and Mrs Coleman made it a point to have at least one monthly Sunday dinner. Naturally, they invited their children's roommates and friends. After all we were college students that needed a good meal.

"Would you know if I were them?" I asked her.

She shrugged. "I mean both of you are stunning and go-getters. I feel like everyone naturally ships you two because you just make sense together. I feel like Micah has always had puppy dog eyes around you, so do with that what you will. But like I said ask me after Sunday dinner."