6

If you would have told me when I came to Austin when I first committed to UT-Austin that my best friend/roommate's brother would be kissing me, I would've thought you were lying. It wasn't because I didn't think that I couldn't pull Micah it was because I thought I would be with Hayden for a long time.

But you know, I had to remind myself that I was only eighteen years old and t was ok to not to keep living what was in my head. I would be lying if I said moving on was easy, but I was happy to be surrounded by so many amazing people. It definitely made things easier.

"So, Miss Carroway, how is life?" Lyric asked me as we sat down to get our nails done.

Lyric quickly became one of my closest friends since I'd been at college. She was always down to get coffee, get our nails done, and always listened. 

I grinned. "Life is life, you know, how are you?"

"I am doing well. I'm going to dinner with this guy tonight so that's fun." she responded 

I raised an eyebrow. "Do I know him?" I asked her.

She shook her head and proceeded to show me a picture of a tall, blonde surfer type of guy. Lyric had deep tan skin with curly hair that had blonde highlights. Granted I'd only known her for a few months, but I'd never seen her with a guy like this. 

"You know, I didn't know this was your type." I looked up at her.

Lyric's cheeks raised. "Me either, but we hit it off well at a bar, so I figured I would give it a try. Do you know? New things. Are you seeing anyone or is anyone catching your eye?"

I could feel my face get hot and I had to turn away from her.

"Oh, Rowan!" she exclaimed, "You have to spill."

"Is it that basketball player?" Lyric referred to Hayden.

I shook my head. "No, but you know him."

She was quiet for a moment. "It's not Micah, huh?"

How and the hell did she put the pieces together so quickly? 

"O-M-G, it is, isn't it?" Lyric spoke as she stopped looking at nail colors. 

I gave her a nod. "It is. How did you know?"

"Oh girl, come on. I saw you guys at that party. I knew he was feelin' you after I peeped you two together at a party. I didn't want to say anything just in case I was wrong, but you know, how did it start?" Lyric wondered.

I shrugged. "I dunno. It was always there. Plus his Nao's brother and she's my roommate. It sounds so cliche and fake, but it just kinda happened."

"So you like him?" she asked me.

I nodded my head. "There's definitely a vibe between us. We've kissed before so there is definitely something there."

"You know, I've known the twins since high school." Lyric brought up. "Micah is definitely that guy. 5-star athlete, well-off parents, he's attractive, but he definitely has a wild side to him. Of course, I love you and always have your best interest at heart and I don't want you to get hurt."

"Well, what has he done?" I asked her.

"He's you know a typical eighteen year old, he likes to try to eat his cake and have it too." Lyric responded. 

I never thought that I had a type, but I was beginning to think that my type was Booy who had a bad boy past but had a soft spot for me. At least what she described sounded nothing like the Micah that was trying to build a relationship with me.

 "I get that, but I don't know. It's still new and I kind of would like to explore it. I did just get out of a real- situationship, so I don't even know if it is a boyfriend that I am looking for right now." I spoke my truth.