4

I looked up from my phone as Naomi walked into our dorm room. I didn't expect her to be back this early and I already knew where this conversation was about to go.

"Hi." I greeted her.

"Hey, Ro." she said as she put her things down. "Did you even go to class today? I swear you're in the same spot that you were in when I left for class."

There it was.

I took a deep breath. "I needed a day to myself, so I skipped class today and decided to watch Love Is Blind."

Naomi gave me a side eye as she sat on the edge of her bed. "Did something happen last night? With you know who?"

I nodded my head. "But I'm sure you already knew that would be the answer."

"Do you wanna talk about it then?" Naomi questioned me.

"Not really, but I don't know he just really pissed me the fuck off." I closed my laptop. "Basically he saw me studying with Micah in Starbucks -"

Naomi held up her hand to stop me. I realize that I said that I didn't want to talk about it then I actively started talking about it.

"Wait, Micah? Like my brother Micah?" she asked me.

I nodded my head.

There was a slightly smug smile on her face. "I'm listening keep going."

"He got so upset that I was studying with Micah. He literally said I do not want you to be flirting with other guys." I broke the news.

Naomi's eyes got big. "Is this the same man that was dancing on multiple girls at the party and shit?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "Is that not fucking crazy?"

"He is so delusional. What happened after that?" Naomi wondered.

"I said that he was being such a hypocrite, he can flirt and be with other girls but I can't do the same, blah, blah to which I then said I want you to commit to me. Like I want you to ask me to be your girlfriend." I went on. "I realized that he doesn't want to commit to me but he doesn't want me to be with anyone else and that makes no fucking sense."

Naomi shook her head. "Girl."

"I think it's time to let him go. You don't deserve that."

I sighed. "He was like I cannot be the boyfriend that you deserve right now."

"But you have enough time to have sex with me, cuddle with me, and do all the good parts of the relationship with no title?"

Naomi clapped her hands and nodded. "That part right there."

"I think right now I just need to focus on my career, school, and cheer. That's it." I decided.

"And that's fair. You're only eighteen, so you really need to give yourself some grace. I promise you that it is ok that everything isn't making sense right now because it probably will one day." Naomi advised.

I loved that she was wise and gave good advice.

"But I think you should still go out and stuff. Also, my parents' 20th-anniversary party is next Friday and I think that you should come with me. You need to get out of the dorm, eat some good food, and my entire family loves you. Plus, our commentary during the whole event would be good." Naomi brought up.

I grinned. "That sounds fun."

"And if I hypothetically went out to dinner with your brother would that be ok?" I asked her.

Naomi smiled. "Yes. It would be ok. Thank you for asking."

"I'm going to go freshen up before practice, but I really do think that you two would be good together. I'm not going to explain why, but I hope you trust my judgement." she winked before she left the room.