27 ) Mistaken

"Season 1. Episode 19."

Henry Danger.
︶︶︶꒥꒷︶︶︶︶꒷꒥︶︶︶

"How was your date, Athena?" Kris, Henry's mother asked me as she stuffed her face with my fathers special "man-cakes."

I stare down at my food with the fork clutching in the palm of my hand. I'm trying to control my anger over the situation, but it's hard to get my head wrapped around it.

"It was fine." I muttered slowly, beginning to play with the food on my plate.

Dad throws another pancake on top of the one I haven't touched, glaring down at me. "Really? Cause uh— I heard that Kid Danger stopped a fire at Sotto Voce."

I drop my fork on my plate, pushing myself back a bit. "Must've been a different Sotto Voce." I excused, making my tone seem careless.

Dad hummed, creasing a line in his forehead. The wooden steps creak from the other end of the room as dad draws his eyes up. "Henry!" he shouted happily.

My skin crawls with my cheeks blushing slightly as I begin to get flashbacks to last night. I whip my head around, watching Henry step down the stairs unhurriedly.

"Hey, what's going on down here?" He questioned the room as he gets closer to the dining table. He steps up to the seat beside me, not setting himself down in it but remaining stood.

"Captain Man made breakfast for the whole family." Kris said sweetly with an innocent smile.

Henry looks down at me who was still staring at their food, then looking back over to Captain Man with confusion. "Ohh? Really?"

Dad flipped a pancake on the pan, picking it up with his man-spatula and sliding it onto a stack of pancakes. "My famous man-cakes. Want one?"

"Actually, I was hoping Athena could walk me to work as a look out." I feel Henry's hand fall in my shoulder with a firm grip. I gulp, staring at him from the corner of my eye.

Captain Man set his spatula to the side before untying his red apron. "A look out for what?" he asked, walking up to the table.

Henry's grip only gets stronger on the edge of my shoulder, making my curiosity skyrocket. "You know, the purse thief? Who knows what mom has about me in her purse."

Mrs. Hart nodded, not completely disagreeing. "That is true. I think it would be best if Athena tagged along." she concluded, stuffing her mouth with the pancakes once again.

I feel Henry's grin reflecting onto me as his hand let loose of my shoulder. My stress died down as his hand traveled away, letting the tension go.

"Sure, someones gotta protect the boy." I spoke confidently as I slid out of the red dining chair I sat in moments ago.

His nose scrunched along with a stretched mouth as if he took offense. "I'm a man." he defended.

I pat his shoulder before slipping it away as I walk towards the door to leave. "Keep dreaming big, Henry."

I hear an irritated groan escape his mouth as if he's regretting this fully. His footsteps follow behind me as we make our way out of the door before his mom calls out to us, "Be careful!" she warned.