prologue

IT WAS JAMES' TURN TO PUT HARRY TO BED. With so many people in the little boy's life, James' turn didn't come so often but when it did James went all out. He gave him a bath with floating ducks and multicolored bubbles, and tucked him into bed with his favorite blanket and a quilt that his mum bought, alongside the stuffed deer that Sirius bought him when he turned one.

James produced some floating, glowing stars to shine on his ceiling and raved in the gasp of awe and excitement that escaped the little boy's mouth. Tucking him in, James made sure Harry was secure in his blanket. 

"Daddy?" Harry said, turning to look at James who was kneeling beside his bed.

"Yes, Harry?"

"Can you tell me a story?"

James looked at him and saw that his eyes were shining with the reflection of the stars in the room. "What kind of story?" he asked curiously.

"Grandma Lydia tells me stories about prince's and Moony tells me about mermaids and dragons. Can you tell me about you and mummy? Moony says it's a love story."

James chuckled, looking down at him softly, he briefly looked over, hearing a creak at the door, sending her a smile, James turned back to Harry who was waiting patiently.

"Okay, well your mum and I first met in 1st year, she had gone into our compartment looking lost. 11-year-old James and Sirius didn't have the maturity that we have now, we didn't talk much since then even if we were in Gryffindor together. When we really met it was the train ride of our 6th year..."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

short, short, short i know. i didn't really know how to add more but i hope this caught your attention to keep reading! i'm excited for this story! regular chapters will definitely be around 1,000-3,000 words hopefully.