chapter eleven

╭──────༺♡༻──────╮
we'll be a fine line
╰──────༺♡༻──────╯

"I THINK THAT'S ENOUGH FOR TONIGHT, HARRY."

"No!" Harry whined, "More, please. I'm not even tired, daddy."

James sighed, the position was starting to hurt his knees and maybe the four year old wasn't tired but he certainly was.

"You don't want to say some for another day?" He asked, playing with Harry's hair. The little boy shook his head, now cuddling with the Hyacinth who had snuck into the room.

James gave a defeated sigh but this time he sat on Harry's bed instead of kneeling beside it. "Fine," he said playfully, his heart filling with joy at his son's excited face.

"Okay," James sighed, "Where were we?"

"Your birthday!"

"Ah, yes. My birthday..."

Valentina wished she hadn't worn the shoes she was wearing right about now. Lily and Remus the perfect prefects needed anyone who was sober enough to help clean up the mess.

"My feet hurt," she whined. Throwing her head back in despair. "I don't know why I volunteered for this. I don't know my left from right. Right from left. And so on and so on..." she trailed off.

"Baby, I'm sorry, you gotta– shh," James said from where he was lying on the couch. He was rubbing his temples tiredly.

Valentina lolled her head to look at him. "Can we go to bed please."

"No," he shook his head, opening up his arms for her. "I can't stand up, Val."

Valentina sighed, her trash bag was pretty full and there were a few others who were still cleaning. She tied her bag and pulled it over to the rest of the big pile. Valentina sat on the arm of the couch and took her shoes off, sighing in relief as the pain subdued.

She laid on him, and he wrapped his arms around her body to keep her in place. She wiggled around a bit so they could lay comfortably, and not long after the two were out like a light.

Lily and Remus were the last two to stay, he gave her a thankful smile. "Thanks for helping me, you didn't have to."

"No, don't even worry about it," she said easily. "They're cute together aren't they?" She pointed her chin at the two who were sound asleep on the couch.

Remus hummed, "It's odd how quickly they met and all. I mean six years of being in the same building and they've never even spared each other a glance." He clicked his tongue. "Odd."

"Odd." Lily repeated. "Good night." She waved him good night and climbed up the stairs, when she turned back around she saw Remus throwing a big blanket over the two. Smiling softly, Lily went to bed.

"I feel like death. Seriously." James groaned. Holding his head in his hands. The loud noise from the Great Hall was close to splitting his ear drums.

"Get it together, James. We have a game today."

"Ugh!" James groaned. The thought of flying on a broom made his head spin and stomach hurt. "How can you be eating right now, Val. Seriously."

Valentina shrugged. "When I'm hungover I get really hungry." She said as she shoveled food down. "This is good!" She pointed to the Bubble and Squeak.

"Ready for the match tonight, Mr Potter?" Professor McGonagall asked as she walked past them.

"Of course professor!" James said, sitting up straight.