chapter four

╭──────༺♡༻──────╮
but man, i can hate you sometimes
╰──────༺♡༻──────╯

VALENTINA WOKE UP WITH A KILLER HEADACHE THE NEXT MORNING. She lifted her head up and scrambled to get out of the bed when she noticed who was besides her. She fell onto the floor, scaring James awake.

"What the hell?"

"Sorry." She whispered, groaning as she stood up. "Oh my god. What- what am I- what happened?"

"You were really drunk last night... I couldn't get you up the stairs because they're charmed and Fortescue wasn't there anymore."

"Oh." She said meekly. Valentina sat on the bed and raked her fingers through her hair. "I have a killer headache." She closed her eyes and rubbed her temple, "Did I do anything embarrassing?" She asked, looking at James through her fingers.

"No, you didn't do anything bad." He reassured her with a chuckle.

Valentina nodded but she felt mortified nonetheless. "I have to go. Shit." She looked around the room for her things, failing to notice that she was wearing his clothes.

"Where are my shoes?" She asked, when she couldn't find them under the bed.

"They're in the bathroom." Sirius answered for her. James sat up quickly and Valentina looked up, Sirius was smirking, as he leaned against the door frame. "Have a good night, Hall?"

James glared at him. "Stop it Sirius."

"I'm just asking our guest if there was anything in our service that could have been better." Sirius said innocently, waiting for Valentina to respond.

"Seeing your hideous face wasn't quite the view I was hoping for, but, other than that I'm peachy."

"Oh, ha ha." Sirius laughed sarcastically. "How is Hemingway going to feel when he learns that you woke up in another boy's bed?" He asked. He meant it as honest curiosity and it wasn't his responsibility to know what was going on in Valentina's love life, but that didn't mean that it wasn't salt to an already infected, blood gushing wound that she carried.

Valentina cleared her throat and ignored his question and walked into the bathroom to retrieve her dress and shoes.

"Thanks for the uh, you know, stay? I guess. I have to go." She said hastily, double checking everything, before she flew out of the door, giving James and Sirius whiplash.

Valentina sped down the stairs, relieved to see that no one was there. She entered her dorm and closed the door, leaving her back against it, trying to catch her breath.

"Where have you been?" Alice asked, smirking when she walked out of the bathroom.

Valentina groaned and pressed a hand to her head. "I woke up in James fucking Potter's bed."

"Did you have sex?"

"No!" Valentina said agast. "I have a headache."

Alice looked at her sympathetically but the amusement could be clearly seen on her face. "Valentina... did you see Leo?"

"Yeah, who the fuck is he with now?" Valentina asked, walking over and laying on her bed after dumping everything in her arms onto the floor.

"Apparently, it's Cassidy Spring." Alice told her, sitting down as well.

"Oh god, isn't she a year younger than us?"

Alice nodded, she watched as Valentina buried herself under the cover before continuing. "How do you feel, about– well–"