chapter seven

╭──────༺♡༻──────╮
we'll get the drinks in
╰──────༺♡༻──────╯

"LILY IS THAT YOU?"

"Yes, mum!" Lily answered, stepping aside to let Valentina in.

She looked around, feeling incredibly nostalgic.

Mrs Evans came out of the kitchen and almost dropped her tea onto the ground from the shock. "Valentina!" She questioned, looking back and forth between the two girls who stood at the entrance of the door awkwardly.

"Hello Mrs Evans." She greeted her politely. "Oh–"

Mrs Evand had stalked over and brought her into a tight hug. "Oh dear I haven't seen you in ages! How have you been! How's school? Oh! Lily tells me nothing, come sit!" She said excitedly, hauling her over.

"Oh," Valentina said, surprised looking at Lily who winked at her following her mum.

Mrs Evans had made Valentina a cup of tea and the three stayed in the living room for the remainder of the afternoon telling Mrs Evans all about Hogwarts which she was eager to hear about. As the hours passed, Valentina felt calm and relaxed, she had made herself comfortable and her parents showing up was in the back of her mind.

Petunia had stomped downstairs mid way during their conversation about Quidditch and when she noticed Valentina sitting in her living room she sneered ugly. Jerking her head a bit in disgust.

"Hello to you too, Petunia." Valentina said, smiling at the girl knowing it would rile her up.

"Don't address me you freak!" She said shrilly.

"Petunia!" Mrs Evans said sharply, giving her eldest daughter a withering look.

"What is she doing here mummy?" Petunia asked, looking at the two with loathing.

"I've invited her, problem?" Lily asked, shooing her sister away.

"Petunia come help me in the kitchen,' Mrs Evans stood up with a sigh, separating the two. "Are you staying, dear?"

Valentina looked down at her watch, noticing it was very late she shook her head apologetically. "No, I'm sorry Mrs Evans. Next time." She promised, standing up to gather her things.

"It was good seeing you. Send Lydia my love."

"Will do."

Lily walked her to the door, they stood there in silence not knowing how to end the unexpected night.

"Um," Valentina shook her head, "Weird question but do you have an owl?"

"Yeah, do you want to send something?"

Valentina pulled the folded letter out of her pocket. "Um, yeah. Can you send this letter to James?" She asked, biting her lip nervously.

"Sure!" Lily took the letter. "If you ever need to get out of the house at any time, you know where I live."

Valentina nodded her head, stepping outside. "Thank you. Really, I need a break." She said sincerely.

"Good night, Valentina."

"Night."

James was about to fall asleep, completely exhausted when there was a quiet tapping on his bedroom window. Annoyed, he groaned and stood up, letting the owl in.

Squinting he read the letter. His heart skipped a beat when he read who it was from. Valentina wanted to see him... but Sirius was hurt... but he wanted to see her too. He would have to see her before Christmas Day, because Remus and Peter would be staying at his house for the remainder of break.