Chapter 21: Two soulmates

Now I jumped on chief's head. And Gaara finally changed into his monster form.

"Impossible... that's Ichibi!"

"Ichibi?"

"One-tailed beast. The one who was created the same way like Kyuubi. This is gonna be tough, Naruto."

"Can we do something to change him back?"

"Now I'll put myself into sleeping mode." As Gaara said, he fell asleep and the monster had it's own mind now.

"Yess, finally freedom!!! Eeehaa!!! It was too long!!" He's totally different from Kyuubi.

"I think I know how to stop it. You just have to wake the guy up." I nodded. Chief ran towards the monster and caught it's shoulders."

"Haah? What is it?!" Chief couldn't hold him longer and it pushed him away with it's sand.

"Toad Chief! How can I wake him when you can't hold him longer?!"

"Jeez, I don't have any claws and fangs to hold it! You need to change my form!" Tss. So... something with fangs and claws... something. I couldn't remember anything else but Kyuubi. I hate to do it but it will do for now.

I changed chief's form into Kyuubi. Now he quickly ran towards Ichibi and caught him with his claws and fangs.

"Kyuubi, you bastard!!" Yelled Ichibi.

"That's not even me you stupid ass." Said the real Kyuubi inside me. Looks like they don't like each other. Now I had the chance to wake Gaara. I jumped on Ichibi's head and punched Gaara with all of my remaining strength.

He finally changed back into his human form and I was falling down as I was out of chakra. Chief disappeared too. We both fell on the ground and couldn't move. He remained silent. 

"You... even though I can't forgive you for hurting my friends, I can get why you are feeling this way."

"How could you understand..."

"How could I? Are you serious right now? You said yourself I am the same like you and that's true. Lord Fourth sealed Kyuubi within me when I was born and since then the village despised me and I despised them. I would probably be the same psycho as you without Sasaka and Iruka sensei. And then even Sakura-chan and Hinata plus Shikamaru, Choji and Kiba. They are also good friends. The way you turned out I expect you didn't have anyone. Your siblings hated you too, right?"

"That's wrong, they were just scared of my power and father even told them to ignore me and treat me as if I never existed. The Iruka-sensei you mention... I had Yashamaru. My uncle. He didn't hate me because of the monster and treated me better than anyone else. He really cared about me. When I couldn't feel any physical pain just the pain in my heart, Yashamaru showed me how physical pain looks like... but then... he attacked me. I thought it was father who told him but he told me right into my face he hates me because I killed his sister even though I was a newborn then. She died as she gave a birth to me but everyone blamed me for that even myself. When I unintentionally killed Yashamaru as sand protected me, I learned I never had anyone and stopped caring and search for friends. I started killing everyone I met to get rid of the pain they caused me. And I wanted to kill everyone who hurt my pride. Killing was my meaning of life because it was the only thing I was good at..."

"If I had enough strength I'd slap you right now but I'm sure you feel relieved after telling me about your past. Knowing you had it harsher than me doesn't make me feel better but I want to help you find your light. Monsters like us have to stick together. Just know killing others won't make you happy once you realize you are all alone and there's no one surrounding you because they are all dead. It's still not too late for a change. You just need a friend who helps you with it. You said your siblings were forced not to talk to you and they seemed they care about you. Don't cut this bond. It's your first step for becoming a better person. And about my friends, I'll never forgive you. That's one thing I really can't but I want to be here for you. Besides Sasaka, you are the only one who can understand me." He smirked.

"You mention her quite often... do you love her?"

"What? For a serious killer you have some sense of humor. Me loving that mean, rude, cold and emotionless kunoichi? Sakura-chan is the one I love."

"If you say so..."

"Gaara! We finally found you!"

"Naruto? I managed to help Sasaka! I caught her when the sand was released! Was it you? Did you save us?" Said Sakura-chan.

"Do you see it, Gaara? People who care about us."

"Umm, no my view is clear. It's not blinded by hatred anymore. Thank you, Naruto. I'll make it up to you, my first friend." I smiled.

"I-is he that monster? What have you done with him, Naruto?"

"He just needed someone to listen to him and understand his pain. It's all fine now, he's not dangerous anymore."

"Sometimes you scare me, Naruto. But thank you. This time you saved both me and Sasaka and we are grateful." Sakura-chan smiled. I'm in heaven. But Sasaka didn't look very good. The mark got already lost but she was pale and very hurt. Bruises all over her body and her eyes were blank. We need to get her to the hospital as soon as possible.