Preface

Welcome to my ONC story for 2023!

This year I’ve decided to try writing in the sci-fi genre, which I have never written in before, so I’m pretty nervous. I’ve also decided to try writing in first-person POV, as I normally write in third-person. So please bear with me and try to be forgiving of my mistakes, although that still means that I absolutely welcome constructive criticism. I’m sure I’ll need the help, lol.

That said, the best of luck to everyone and I really hope that you enjoy this story ❤️

Prompts chosen in order of use –

16. The world did not end in a bang, or a whisper, but rather, one scream at a time.

62. Hell is empty and all the devils are here. William Shakespeare.

Description -

In a world brought back from the brink of death 150 years ago, it’s now 2208. Nova, is a thriving metropolis of cutting-edge science and technology in Europe. It’s less modern 9 sectors are stable and beginning to flourish, even after the TL3 virus and under the terrible lightening storms.

Twenty-six-year-old Lilith, an operative of the sanctuary, works to root out, recover or destroy anything that threatens the harmony or destruction of a fragile mother nature.

Despite the scientific progress and clean way of living, there are whispers and rumours of those with a corrupting power, casting a shadow and murdering those of evolved abilities just like her.

There are fears of the world ending once more, but if Lilith wishes to stop such a devastating force, then she must be prepared to not only make a sacrifice, but to find out the truth of how it all began.

That is when she meets two strangers who have plenty to tell her, but are they really willing to help and support her, or are they simply using her for their own ends?

Warning ⚠️

There will be descriptions of violence, death, killing and suffering as well as the possible mention of drug use (in passing) swearing and intimate scenes. Nothing too dark though, but hopefully just dark enough! 😏

Thieves beware

Please do not copy or steal any part of my story. It is a result of hard work and imagination, and I will not react kindly to it being taken, in any way, shape or form.

Copyright

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are the product of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events or locales is entirely coincidental.

Copyright 2023 Stacy White, All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews stating the author’s name.