u couldve asked

i pull my car up to the track, only a few scrapes littered the sides, i keep my car well kept what can i say. i shot a cocky smirk at minho who clenched his teeth in annoyance. i know it was petty of me to trail them and enter every race they did just so i could beat them but i did. i had beaten them three times now- this was gonna be my fourth. did i feel bad? no.

the crowd cheered as i got out my car. i waved at them happily. they had gotten to know me pretty quickly considering i won all the races. before i could bask in my brilliance minho came storming over.

"the shuck are you doing here? i get it- you're hurt over the fact we didn't accept you but following us to every race isn't exactly putting you in our good books"
minho seethed getting into my space. i took a step back.

"first off- say it don't spray it. secondly, i'm not! i just need money and you always just happen to be here. call it luck"

he sneered at me and went back to his own car. before either of us could get in an eerie silence fell over the crowd. silence interrupted occasionally brown by the sound of crunching gravel. i turned to see an all white- pristine car pull up slowly. the word WCKD was imprinted onto the side. minho looked furious and a little fearful.

a man stepped out with an obnoxious grin.

"ah- A7 good to see you. how's A9 and sweet A5 "

my eyebrows furrowed. what were these names. they were more like subject names in a lab. minho grimaced. i looked back to the man- he reminded me of a rat with his grey suit which hung loosely on him and his beady  eyes. not to mention the graying hair. everything about this man screamed asshole.

"finally crawled out your griever hole"

minho sassed. but what was a griever? the man laughed bitterly.

"now that's just hurtful- those sweet dogs are in the back if you want to say hi!"
i glanced to his car- two large dogs with scars all over them barked against the window. they didn't look too sweet. minho said nothing and turned away to his car again.

"and besides, we only had to pull out of races after whag you did to me, unprovoked i might add"

he said nonchalantly. i watched as minhos entire body stiffened. i could prsctically see the anger rolling off him. i decided to keep quiet and watch.

"you know damn well why we did that. you had plenty of room, you could have stopped, could have swerved. but you didn't did you?"

the man smirked.

"it was impossible. i never  would have wished for that to happen... just an accident. if it means anything i apologise, A4- chuck wasn't it? so young"

he didn't sound very sorry, he sounded smug. minho stormed to him and lifted him by the collar of his shirt. fire blazed in his eyes. his breathing was erratic and i had half a mind to help him.

"shut. up."
he growled.

"i'm dedicating this race to him!"
the man responded. minho punched him square in the face and the guy went sprawling to the floor- i gulped, maybe i shouldn't provoke minho so much. the guy only laughed loudly as he got up. wiping a trail of blood from his mouth.

"see you at the finish line"

that was the most disturbing and concerning thing i've witnesses in a while. a thousand questions flooded through my brain- none of which i could get the answers to. i dared a glance at minho who was now close to tears- guess chuck meant a lot huh... i took a step forward- intending to comfort him but he spun on his heel and strode back to his car- slamming the door.