Teresa

"
it had been a few days since the first training session and i had began to ease into the group a little more- i was clearly not one of them yet but i liked to think i was getting there...

at the moment i was sprawled on newts bed, lying sideways with my head propped up by my arms, newt had his head leant against my stomach as we lay engrossed in money heist. every once in a while neet would point out a detail that completely passed me by. mostly because i was distracted by the sandy haired glader but i didn't mention that

suddenly our tranquil netflix time was shattered

"oy Thomas!"
gally shouts from the corridor. rolling my eyes i extract myself from newt who huffed irritably and paused the show. i hurried to the door having already learnt not to keep gally waiting.

i pop my head round the corner and raised an eyebrow.

"we have another race this weekend. you and Minho will be driving but don't worry we signed up for a duo race- its like a relay."
i nodded in acknowledgement. honestly that sounded pretty fun, over the past week me and Minho had been training relentlessly and we were pretty god if I do say so myself. we made a strong team.

"where is it?"

"uhh this little place called beacon hills"

shit. I felt my blood run cold, slightly freaking out but in my defence I hadn't spoken to any of them aside from my dad in almost a year. there was no chance I was gonna get away with being there without any of them noticing. fuck, shuck, fuck, shuck.

"right well... thanks gally- see you in a bit"
i tried to play it off cool but gally gave me an odd look.

I stepped back into newts room, my heart was pounding in my ears. newt cast me a worried glance from his spot on his bed.

"whats the matter you look like you just saw death"
I barely even registered his words. I sat down on the bed just staring at my shoes.

"we're going to beacon hills... on Saturday"

newt blinked.

"okay so whats the matter?"
I looked at him for a moment, was it worth telling newt? did I trust him enough? I think I did at least I wanted to. praying i was making a good choice i took a deep breath and began to explain what had happened there, including the supernatural stuff as well as getting kicked out, my ex- friends even my old name. he listened intently although I could see a flicker of distrust at the part with werewolves.

"so... yeah- not great memories there although it might be nice to see my dad again"

newt took in a long breath.

"werewolves? kanimas? werefoxes? kitsunes? nogitsunes? Thomas are you high?"
I shook my head slightly upset he didn't believe me although i reminded myself this did all sound a little insane. i yanked up my sleeve revealing three large scars down one arm.

"this- was from scott, he did it when he lost control."

newt gasped softly

"then this- is from one of the nogitsunes soldiers swords."

I pulled up my shirt to show the other smaller scar. i then rolled  my sleeve and my shirt back down. newt looked fearful for me.

"on my back I have more cuts and stuff but you get the idea. im not high and I know its a lot to take in but I swear there is such a thing as those supernatural creatures. please believe me, and im sorry I never told you my names stiles but I prefer Thomas anyway- its my middle name"

newt swallowed thickly but edged closer to me.

"well look at it this way, whats the likelihood of them coming to this race anyway? and even if they do come or you spot them- we can all keep you away from them. you wont even have to wave"