02 - dragged

It's been well over a month since y/n had been in the company of the Saiki family

It's been well over a month since y/n had been in the company of the Saiki family. She wasn't exactly staying with the family but she did spend most of her time with them especially during meal times because Kurumi told the girl she didn't want her to feel lonely.

Now, y/n was finally comfortable within the Saiki's residence to the point that she treated their house as if it were hers. She had her whole body laid along the couch in their living room as a random variety show played on though she had her eyes on the new phone she bought.

"Happy white day!" The host energetically exclaimed, earning y/n's attention as she stopped from scrolling through the dimension's version of social media. "Has everyone gotten their chocolates yet? Well, if not, then head over to your nearest convenience and grocery stores to buy..."

y/n ignored the commercial as she looked at Kurumi who sat on the seat that was just near the couch she was occupying. "White day's just like Valentine's, right?" She asked, wanting to make sure that what she had in mind was correct.

Kurumi hummed at the question, eyes still plastered onto the screen as it showed a commercial of an innovative mop. "It's pretty normal here..." She trailed off, realization dawning on her. "Now that I think about it. This is your first time celebrating white day, isn't it?" She asked, eyes straying away from the television.

The one in question just shrugged her shoulders at the question as she went to sit up, figuring that it was rude that she was talking to Kurumi while she was lying comfortably. "Eh, it's not like I'm going to celebrate it anyways. I don't have many friends here so I don't see the point." She admitted.

"But I've heard from Kusuo's friends that you've been spending time with them?" Kurumi raised a brow.

Admittedly, Kurumi was right. When Kusuo would be dragged off to something, Kaidou and Nendou would also drag y/n off and sometimes, it would be Kurumi's idea because she didn't want the girl to be a shut out. Kurumi just recently discovered that Kusuo had friends and in no way would she let y/n be the same as past Kusuo was.

Friendless. As harsh as it may sound.

y/n pursed her lips at the question that Kurumi had just before the woman pushed the matter, wanting to know something. "Is Kusuo rubbing off on you or something?" She continued because it highly likely seemed like y/n was picking up some of Kusuo's traits.

There was no lying to Kurumi despite the woman not being a psychic like her son. Exactly why y/n answered the questions right away. "It's not that... It's just that I'm used to being around my friends all the time," She said, a small frown shortly resting on her face.

How y/n felt about her answer didn't quite reach Kurumi. The woman already had a cheeky smirk replacing the frown she once had as yet another question came up inside her mind. "Oh? Then that must mean that you've liked at least one of them, right?" She asked, smile growing bigger as she saw how y/n's eyes widened.