10 - realizations

heads up! this is going tobe a cross-over chapter

be a cross-over chapter

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SATURDAY MORNING
[HUNTERS AT THE L/N HOUSEHOLD]

"Uh..." y/n stared at her friends who were all idly standing in the hallway of her sister's house. She looked at them, no thoughts behind her eyes all while holding her toothbrush inside her mouth. Her face was also donned in a facial sheet mask all because she forgot to put some on the night before.

A warm welcome would've been sufficient to make the day of a certain white-haired 12-year-old boy, but seeing his friend in such an awkward state was more than enough to make his whole week. "Old hag!" Killua finally burst out laughing as the mentioned old hag rolled her eyes before she spat out the toothpaste that remained in her mouth - the exact reason she could merely mutter at their presence.

Next to react was the blonde who was simply relaxed at the scene. He finally managed to snag a day off, which he didn't exactly want for special reasons, but then y/n's sister just had to give him a tempting proposition which ultimately made him agree to lay low for a day.

The proposition was that s/n, or Ayako, would help with his mission for vengeance for an entire month. Knowing that the woman had exceptional abilities and experience, Kurapika simply couldn't resist taking the offer.

He got the help of a renowned hunter and he got a whole day to himself to spend with his friends, that's just a win-win for Kurapika.

Kurapika could only chuckle. His muscles finally relaxed after months of doing inexplicable work for the Mafia and that was the first ever time he finally broke down from his facade.

"Not you too!" y/n frowned, glaring at the two who were laughing at her for simply doing her morning routine. "At least Gon and Leorio are decent enough to not laugh at me." She continued to glare at them, before turning her back to finish her routine.

Leorio mumbled something along the lines of: "Yeah cause I do that too." but came unheard to his friends. Instead, he simply greeted y/n. "Nice to see you again, y/n." He smiled.

"We missed you so much, y/n! Ayako told us that you worked with sorcerers, you're so cool!" Gon followed up as he continuously spouted praises at the girl. y/n should've had her ego inflated and well... it did inflate but that's besides the point.

The frown that once settled on y/n's face was replaced with an appreciative smile. "Aww thanks, Gon, Leorio..." She said as her eyes dragged to Kurapika and Killua who were stifling their laughs. "And because of that, I'll make you two the best breakfast I can cook!" She announced to annoy the other two.

Gon and Leorio's stomach seemed to react at the mention of food and then there was the K duo whose attitudes did a quick turn just at the sight of their friends getting better treatment.