06 - foodie

"You could've stayed at home if you didn't want to come

"You could've stayed at home if you didn't want to come." y/n glared at Kusuo who had been acting like a child ever since they started their journey on going to a middle school's school festival, Kunugigaoka Junior High School to be specific. The only reason they were going was because y/n saw a famous food critic online, praising the food that apparently, the middle schoolers made.

Kusuo glared at her in return. "You suck at directions. That's why I've been acting like a child," He retorted, referring to what y/n had been thinking. In his defense, he had every right to be annoyed. Sure he agreed to come along because he was curious about the food and because y/n said she'd be the one paying, but he was only annoyed because of the fact that y/n got them lost.

For someone who had a teleportation ability, she absolutely sucked with following directions, through a map application.

"Well, sorry. I've always used my ability when I go somewhere new," y/n said, already feeling guilty that she pulled Kusuo with her though she didn't know how exactly to go to Kunugigaoka. "So much for traveling to places I've never been to."

The pink-haired boy could only sigh at this, he knew well that y/n only wanted to spend time trying to venture off into their world, knowing that for the past places she's been to, she's always been there for the sole purpose of trying to train her ability and probably for job opportunities as well.

"Whatever. Just follow me, I know the way," He looked at y/n, head tilting to the place where he could hear hundreds of thoughts gathered all in one place. "Don't forget that we need to buy Mom some treats on the way back."

y/n nodded, smiling at how he really had a soft spot for his friends despite not being fully vocal about it. "If the kids offer to-go, we'll get some for her and Kuniharu." She said, starting to follow Kusuo, looking at the back of his head as nonsense thoughts filled her mind.

"I wonder if someone's coming again this week," y/n thought, still following Kusuo. "The hunters would probably be the best bet, they're pretty much calm and collected, same goes with Itadori and the others... The people from Clover Kingdom would probably blow this place up in a matter of seconds—"

Sighing for what seemed to be the umpteenth time though Kusuo did so because of y/n's thoughts at that time, he stopped walking as he faced the girl. "We're here," He watched the girl keep on walking, he didn't stop her as for some reason, she was going to the right place.

Compared to the pristine main building of Kunugigaoka Junior High School, both y/n and Kusuo were heading to its complete opposite as they kept on walking to a hill that had a forest around its path. Still, the place didn't look as scary as it should probably be.

It was only when y/n felt a safe aura gathering round the place she was walking through, did she pay attention, head lifting up to see that she's been walking a path that shouldn't have been considered as school grounds. But she was also sure that based on the critique, she was going to the right place.