𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝

MAISIE STARES AT ME CONFUSED TO WHY HER GOSSIP BUDDY WAS CROUCHED ON THE FLOOR OVERHEARING HER AND HENRY WU'S CONVERSATION

"uhm.. hey" i say awkwardly

she smirks and holds out her hand to help me up. i get up and see henry looking at some files on a computer.
"
what's with the badge?" she wonders

"it's nothing." i brush it off

"maisie." he calls

despite him calling maisie's name i still go walk over peer over maisie's shoulder which linked to what my dad would say about me being ' a very nosy girl ' growing up.

henry clicked on a file which contained many videos of charlotte lockwood during her days alive.

the video begins to play.

"i'm so excited for everyone to see what we've been doing here. there's new technology being made, new science, like everyday almost."

she looks at the baby dinosaur sat in front of her.

"and it's great to be... it's great to be in the center- center of that."

the way she interacted with the creature made me crack a smile for the first time in hours

"charlotte lived on site B with all of us. till the storm. she loved dinosaurs."

"charlotte, be careful." henry's voice is heard through the audio.

"yeah, i will."

"she grew up around scientists. then, eventually..."

he clicked onto another video.

"she become one herself."

she was now older with no lose stand of hair in sight as it was all tucked behind her ear.

"a butterfly flew into my office this morning. they say tiny things have huge impacts, and i agree wholeheartedly."

"she was brilliant. in ways that i'll never be."

"in the metaphysics of identity, can a replica truly be the original? and if that's possible, what makes it so?"
she spins around her chair in attempt to find something.

"i've lost my pen."
she grabs her stomach and stands up

"is that me?" maisie asks

"yeah." henry announced "just like blue, charlotte was able to have a child all by herself. she created you with her own DNA."