𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐫𝐚

WE WALK THROUGH OPEN SPACE LOOKING FOR A HELICOPTER AS KAYLA LEADS THE WAY

"any hobbies?" kayla asks us trying to strike up conversation

"nope." aiden replies

"i used to read dinosaur books back at jurassic world, i was obsessed." i tell her with a grin recalling all the memories

"did you ever meet the raptors?"

"rarely, i was always kept away from the raptor pen." i mutter

"tragic." she says as we all walk into the elevator and in seconds the doors open

"all right, kayla, haze, aidan, we're good to go." mom says through the walkie-talkie

"gotcha." i reply as we walk closer to the helicopter which stands before us. a smile spreads through kayla's face looking at the beauty.

"okay, cutie." she says putting on her glove. she walks towards it taking the drivers seat with me and aiden in the back. with no warning she turns on the engine and takes the air.

"we have air. meet us at the center. aiden and hazel will be out of the aircraft waiting for you." she says through the walkie-talkie.

"no, no, no, no, no, no. w- wait, wait, wait. hey, hey. d- do... do not land in here." we hear on the other side

"we don't have a choice, dude. the valley isn't safe." kayla says stating the obvious

"no, they're not in the valley anymore!"

"oh shit!" i say as a dinosaur stands in-front of the chopper.

"oh!" kayla says coming to realisation making the helicopter rise higher. we look down below to see the group running out of the building and another figure which appeared to be dr. henry wu?

"what the hell is he doing here?" i say pointing at that group.

the helicopter begins to lower to the ground and the door opens making me and aiden leap out of it. the group of seven try to run to the chopper but are then interrupted by none other than the Tyrannosaurus rex - kayla squints her eyes facing the other way as the dinosaur makes its way past the small fountain and roaring. it stands right in front of the group peering over them as aiden grabs my hand with a tight grip. the group turn around to see the giganotosaurus from earlier creeping up behind them.

"shit." i mutter as the both stand opposite each-other the group still remaining in the middle "they've got to run. why're they not running." i ask myself

as both dinosaurs screamed at each-other as the group splits going two separate ways. both dinosaurs are constantly aiming for each others necks but each time remaining less successful. everything that is happening from the screaming and roars is all and completely a blur.

"come on, come on, come on, come on, come on." kayla urges them as henry gets pushed into the chopper by alan and ellie. we look at the commotion opposite us as mom, dad, maisie and ramsay run under a loose slope which the t- rex then falls on top of. it slowly get closer to hammering them down. i run towards the group hearing a small voice from behind me

"hazel, no!"  i run towards the dinosaur standing in-front of it letting it look me up and down hopefully distracting the creature. kayla pulls a gun out of a secret compartment in the helicopter and a bullet which flys towards the biosyn building as the dinosaurs attention snaps from me to the bullet. out of no where another dinosaur stands up screeching at the giganotosaurus causing them to fight. mom, dad, maisie and ramsay all run from underneath the ledge.

"come on!" i urge them

they run towards the helicopter getting in and buckling themselves leaving me and aiden to get in last.

"everybody hold on to somebody." kayla instructs as the helicopter takes flight fleeing from biosyn. i lean into aiden's hold in exhaustion with him smiling at me.

WE'RE SAT AT A RANDOM PLACE KAYLA HAD TAKEN US TO GET PATCHED UP.
there's a nurse aiding my leg professionally while aiden sits next to maisie drinking a cup of coffee. once wrapping my wounded leg the nurse stops me from walking away shows me a nasty graze on my arm causing me to sit back down so she can put some alcohol gel on it causing me to hiss in pain. once she cleaned the wound thoroughly she wrapped it in a bandage which reminded me of jurassic world when we were all sat in the invocation center being cleaned up . i thank the nurse then walking towards maisie and aiden.

"how ya feeling?" aiden asks me

"i've had better days" i mumble earning a smile from maisie as aiden hands me a cup of coffee.

the nurse opposite maisie aids her wounded hand as she hisses in pain.

"i know. one more minute, then we'll send you home with your folks." she reassures the girl as she stares at our parents. i lean my head on aiden's shoulder; my cup of coffee still remain in my palms as mom raises her head to look at us smiling and back at dad.

once we're all set we walk back towards a rescue helicopter as i walk side by side with ian telling him all about jurassic world and the velociraptors which he recently seemed to have stroked an interest in while aiden and ramsay had spoke behind us however i couldn't catch what they were talking about. the sun sets as we fly over a peaceful lake with a smile on face watching the brachiosaurus communicate with each-other.

ONE WEEK  LATER

dad drives the car down the road as we here beta screech in the back at every bump we hit. the family of five all get out the car as dad opens the back revealing beta. dad opens the cage allowing the raptor to jump out and call for its mother. we stare in the distance hoping for blue to appear as beta turns around to face us there she was, my eyes perk up at her callings and she walks closer to us reuniting with her baby as a grin lights up my face. they both run into the distance and maisie, mom and aiden walk back towards the car. me and dad following behind, before we  get into the car blue comes back and looks towards us turning her head as a sign of respect as dad does the same followed by me. she then turns around and we get back in the car to begin the drive back home.

AND HERE WE WERE COEXISTING WITH DINOSAURS

IT WAS THE END OF AN ERA